A Poll, FSX Freeware Aircraft Wish List - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: A Poll, FSX Freeware Aircraft Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    Well, from the list, Norseman - but I still want an AZTEC and a NAVAJO!!!!

Don
    See Don, saying Norseman wasn't that difficult, it just about rolls off the tip of the tongue. :salute:
    Mike Mann

So does Aztec and Navajo, Mike! LOL!!!

Don

ummm have i said i vote for the Norseman yet?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Grumman F3F-2 Barrel
    Give that man a free steak dinner.

Maybe it rolls off of your tongue! Aztec might, if you are from central Mexico and Navajo if you are from the Southwestern United States. I'm from Canada, which at least got visited by the Norseman (Vikings if you prefer).
    Mike Mann

It's time to get off the pot and get out there and shake out some votes. PM everybody you know and get the votes in for your favorite candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    work horse...
    Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Noorduyn Norseman

(wheels __and__ floats and everything)

Cheers,
    Mark
    Kinda reminds me of An-2 without the bottom wings. Round engine to boot... I likes!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Hey skyhawka4m, when are you going to vote instead of posting vids and pictures? :mixedsmi:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post
    Hey skyhawka4m, when are you going to vote instead of posting vids and pictures? :mixedsmi:
    I thought for sure I heard him say Norseman!
    Mike Mann

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    My vote would be for the Norseman as it was used by the RAAF.

One plane that has not had one mention yet is the Japanese KI-43 Oscar. Would be great to see one in native FSX.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Paul is there some way you can check the ISPs of some of these people voting for the Norseman. I don't recognize their names. I think it is a conspiracy and the same two guys are making up new names and opening accounts here at the Outhouse. Probably from Chicago..."Vote early and vote often."

RD

Banned
    Blog Entries

Dont look good for the barrel

Current Poll Standings.

8 Boulton Paul Defiant
    8 Noorduyn Norseman
    6 Cessna T-37 Tweet
    6 Grumman F3F-2 Barrel
    2 de Havilland DHC-1 Chipmunk
    0 Fairchild C-119 Flying Boxcar

At this point in time it don't look good for the Barrel. Looks like one of the top two will win this thing. In that event, I would rather vote for the better looking of the top two, the Norseman. IMHO, that Boulton is one UGLY baby! :isadizzy:

i still stand in Defiant-s of the competition (ok.... lousy pun), but whatever is made i'll enjoy it and use it...

Quote Originally Posted by FSX68 View Post
    Current Poll Standings.

8 Boulton Paul Defiant
    8 Noorduyn Norseman
    6 Cessna T-37 Tweet
    6 Grumman F3F-2 Barrel
    2 de Havilland DHC-1 Chipmunk
    0 Fairchild C-119 Flying Boxcar

At this point in time it don't look good for the Barrel. Looks like one of the top two will win this thing. In that event, I would rather go for the better looking of the top two, the Norseman. IMHO, that Boulton is one UGLY baby! :isadizzy:
    No biggie, at least there is semi descent Barrel to fly. I was looking at walk around pics, plus maybe startup effects similar to what I did with Pauls Duck. -TF

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    No biggie, at least there is semi descent Barrel to fly. I was looking at walk around pics, plus maybe startup effects similar to what I did with Pauls Duck. -TF
    True, No biggie....que sera sera!!!

Hey if all you that voted for something other than the top three, throw in with me and vote for the T-37. That will give it a good lead.
    I promise to put everyone of you'll to work for me. You know those kind of jobs that Tony Soprano used to get his guys on those construction jobs.

RD

Well, since the Boxcar is a big flat tire I'll go with the F3F-2.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by N2056 View Post
    Well, since the Boxcar is a big flat tire I'll go with the F3F-2.
    Hummmmm.......Nice choice.....I'll may just hold my current vote (Noorseman) in abeyance. I'll be Vatching dees,,

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    One plane that has not had one mention yet is the Japanese KI-43 Oscar. Would be great to see one in native FSX.
    That's 2 votes for a KI-43.:salute: I did put it in my post (16) of this thread along with a A6M Zero.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Yeah, it's me again, Otty...

Well, it looks like i've got the plague... :

Seems now there's a good chance that the winner of this contest is going to be a highwing taildragger workhorse with a P&W R-1340 powerplant that can land on ground, water, and snow.

OK Then!!!!! : DeHavilland DHC-3 Otter !!! Yiiiihaaaa!!!!!....

Uhhhhh...hold it, hold it, not so fast Sir, afraid not.... Out of the undercroft of international aviation development they managed to come up with something else, another cousin of yours : the Noorduyn Norseman..... Sorry.....

Well, what the heck.... But sorry if i say so myself i DO look quite a bit more sophiscated than that hookey norsey, don't i.....

And i can do atleast a 10 knots higher cruise and max speed and much higher rate of climb.

Still *You guys* know best....

Dissapointed

Otty

Well I told my wife about the possibility of having a native FSX Norseman and she said "Whatever."; so it seems to me that should represent another vote for the Norseman, by proxy.
    Mike Mann

No no!...the Chipmunk

http://

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rdaniell View Post
    Hey if all you that voted for something other than the top three, throw in with me and vote for the T-37. That will give it a good lead.
    I promise to put everyone of you'll to work for me. You know those kind of jobs that Tony Soprano used to get his guys on those construction jobs.

RD
    I won't "throw in" for something that's not my cup of tea.

I remember when those planes would land here at KNQA and how LOUD the shrill from those engines...sounded like whistling $h*t cans.

I vote for the Grumman F3F-2 Barrel!

expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 8