Screenshots - Page 208

Thread: Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    With all the noise around the BF 109. Let's not forget the other masterpiece.
    Nice pic, but when I first saw it I became overly excited as I first thought, "OMG, somebody made a droop snoot!" Then I saw the guns and realized it was just a polished nose cap. Still, a good plane none the less.

That being a 20th FG P-38, I remember reading that the 20th FG did that to the noses on their fighter-variant Lightnings for that very reason, making them resemble the droop snoot variants they also had in their squadron. As I recall, they thought it might trick the enemy into thinking they too were unarmed, like the droop snoot versions.

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Can count on you to produce some awesome images. I really like this one. The blurriness gives you a sense of speed.
    Thank you for your interest John. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    That being a 20th FG P-38, I remember reading that the 20th FG did that to the noses on their fighter-variant Lightnings for that very reason, making them resemble the droop snoot variants they also had in their squadron. As I recall, they thought it might trick the enemy into thinking they too were unarmed, like the droop snoot versions.
    You know, I do remember that as well. I now completely understand how that may have worked.

Bringing last year's WWII Grand Champion award-winner back to Oshkosh. To be safe, when they flew it to Oshkosh last year, they did so by doing two 30-minute legs from Danville, Illinois to Oshkosh (Waukegan was likely the middle stop).

Charter Member 2011

A couple of shots of lovely freeware:

And finally the brilliant Gustav with clothes by Bomber

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Bringing last year's WWII Grand Champion award-winner back to Oshkosh. To be safe, when they flew it to Oshkosh last year, they did so by doing two 30-minute legs from Danville, Illinois to Oshkosh (Waukegan was likely the middle stop).
    Wonderful set, John!

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    That's a winner too, Wing_Z !

(she just loves to be photographed, doesn't she.. ;-)

Charter Member 2011
    She does, and you might just as well have congratulated John, again!
    The modelling and repaint detail are extraordinary, are they not?
    But thanks for the comment ...

WIP for the JF Fokker Fellowship F-28 1000

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Flight into Duxford with some shenanigans using Bombers stunning N42109 livery. Made sure to mess around long enough to empty the drop tank before landing.

And buzzing around the Bodensee from Altenrhein via Konstanz and Friedrichshafen with the Messerschmitt Stiftung 109 livery by TiAr

Thanks for those awesome paints gentlemen!
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Ran into a bleary eyed couple in Cancun that had missed their charter back to Miami. I told them I was going as far as Key West, but that I could get them there in style - for a price... They said that was good enough - they'd just rent a car and drive the rest of the way.

Haulin' butt out of Cancun

Welcome to Key West - now get your things and go! I'm in the mood for an overpriced cheeseburger at Jimmy's place.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

John, stunning pics !

Is this KOSH payware ? Too nice to be default ..... I even see the dots !
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

MZee, the scenery is temporarily available for free with a membership at PilotEdge, here: https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/simventure You can sign up for a free trial membership, which is what I do (though I also always save the scenery to a spare HD as well). The scenery is usually only available up until when Oshkosh begins, which is next week.

They re-release the scenery every year, around this time, updated with changes to the signage (adding the correct year).

Here are some screenshots of TiAr's repaint of the Bf 109G-4 D-FWME 'Rote Sieben', flying from the grass at Albstadt-Degerfeld airfield. This is where the aircraft was originally operated from when owned by the Messerschmitt Air Company, which restored the aircraft from 1997 to 2004, converting the Buchon to Bf 109G-4 configuration, complete with DB 605 engine. It only operated from Albstadt-Degerfeld for about a year, when in 2005 it was significantly damaged in a landing accident at the airfield (its 103rd flight with MAC). Later, during its repair/rebuild, it was acquired by Airbus/Messerschmitt Foundation at Manching in 2007, which completed its restoration in 2008. Since then, it has been involved in two belly landings (one due to problems with the landing gear, and another due to fuel starvation resulting from prolonged inverted flight during an airshow performance), and in 2016 it was damaged in a botched takeoff when operated by an inexperienced pilot. Since 2017, it has been undergoing complete ground-up rebuild by Airbus/Messerschmitt Foundation, and is very nearly complete once again. A photo of the aircraft during its most recent rebuild/restoration can be seen here: https://www.leichtbau-gmbh.de/projek.../2019-r7-wing/

The Albstadt-Degerfeld airfield scenery used in these screenshots can be found here: https://flightsim.to/file/26718/flug...degerfeld-edsa Even in the sim, it can be an unforgiving airfield to operate from (the P-51D 'Louisiana Kid' operates today from this same airfield).

The blades of grass seen in the takeoff/landing shots is all in-game effects, no post-processing.

MZee, the scenery is temporarily available for free with a membership at PilotEdge, here: https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/simventure You can sign up for a free trial membership, which is what I do (though I also always save the scenery to a spare HD as well). The scenery is usually only available up until when Oshkosh begins, which is next week.

They re-release the scenery every year, around this time, updated with changes to the signage (adding the correct year).
    Thanks, John.

I will definitely make a note of this. I'm between sims right now and will most likely miss this year's deadline.

Looking forward to flying in the aerial conga line, the Fisk VFR approach into KOSH, soon.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Well done mates for all these A4 et Me-109 liveries !
    Richard

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    €1.99 at the Marketplace. Great deal!

Tweet:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Great shots, Richard and Ferry! Here are a few screenshots from my first flight in the newly-released A2A Piper Comanche. It sure is a sweet flyer! I really enjoy the accurate (will eventually come back to bite you if you don't) walk around process, checking fluids, tie-downs and chocks, etc., loading pax and luggage/supplies, and there is still a lot more features to explore. Perhaps a good time to arrange a virtual flight to take it from my home airfield to Oshkosh.

Last edited by Bomber_12th; July 18th, 2023 at 17:19.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... if a company were to ever make a Stearman 75 (PT-13, PT-17 or N2S) for MSFS with this level of quality and depth to every degree (accurate and detailed visual model, flight model, sounds, systems, etc. - every box checked), I'd easily pay big bucks for it.

I'm really loving the A2A Comanche. I never got around to acquiring the Comanche for FSX/P3D, so I'm completely new to the aircraft, and it is quite delightful, not only how nice it handles, but the performance is fantastic too. And it's slippery - you start putting the nose down just a bit, and it will pick up speed fast. Airspeeds are very similar to that of flying an AT-6.

Charter Member 2011
    Essentially photoquality shots, very nice.
    The last one in particular: I am seeing fabric weave texture on that orange bag!
    Remarkable model.

Members who have read this thread: 288