PDA

View Full Version : NVidia driver question--FSX ?

Crusader
August 20th, 2011, 07:22
I know , everyone stays away from driver threads but would like to know if anyone is running a GeForce 560 Ti and Win 7 64bit (Or similar) in FSX ? I have read dozens of threads(GURU etc) and most say stay away from the lastest 280.26's . I currently use 275.33 along with NVidia Inspector with FS Limiter set at 30 fps . Several have suggested an older version 197.45(Win7 64) . Just curious what anyone's opinion might be . I guess i just have this burning desire to screw things up and not leave well enough alone . (An old age thing)

Rich :guinness::icon29:

olderndirt
August 20th, 2011, 07:36
It seems that each time NVidia develops a new driver, there's this 'don't touch it with a ten foot pole' reaction. I recently downloaded and installed 280.26 to my XP/32 GTX460 with FPS limiter at 20 -smooth as silk. That same desire occurs here about once a week and I'm ten years ahead of you.

Bjoern
August 20th, 2011, 09:45
No probs with new NVidia drivers here or ever.

I don't know what people are doing wrong...

idahosurge
August 21st, 2011, 03:29
It seems that even with the exact same hardware; CPU, MB, GPU, etc. Nvidia GPU drivers will work great on some systems and maybe not so great on others.

Also people who try a driver and have problems will load the driver again and then not have anymore problems. I have been running the 280.26 drivers without a problem for a week. The only thing you really can do to find out if they work for you is try them, you will not know if they work on your setup until you try them.

Another thing about all the treads at places like Guru3d, OCN, Avsim, etc. the vast majority of the people who post are the people that are having problems, the vast majority of people who do not have any problems never post!

rcbarend
August 21st, 2011, 04:45
I guess i just have this burning desire to screw things up and not leave well enough alone . (An old age thing)

Rich :guinness::icon29:
Last month I installed my new W7 system with a 560ti, and the 275.33 driver.
Runs great with FSX (on my PC)

So unless I find a shocking bug, this will be the last driver I've installed for at least a year.
I'm that old, that I've learned my lesson trying to get the extra 1% performance (if any at all) following all these new driver versions; with the risk of introducing new bugs or even less performance.

I rather spend my time flying in FSX (or actually: designing for it).
But to each his own ...:icon_lol:

:guinness: Rob

UnknownGuest12
August 21st, 2011, 06:02
GeForce 560 Ti here, with XP 32 (still, waiting for W8 now), latest drivers and no problem, never had with any of the latest drivers.
cheers

Cazzie
August 21st, 2011, 06:16
The only time I have had trouble with nVidia update forceware was when I used a beta version, beware and do not use any beta versions.

Caz

OleBoy
August 21st, 2011, 06:41
Drivers have always wreaked havoc with my patience anytime I messed with them. Disaster waiting to stroll into my pc. It makes me so nervous when I mess with them. In fact, my GTX570, I'm using version 266.58 drivers. :kilroy: