PDA

View Full Version : Lee Archer has passed away

Ken Stallings
February 5th, 2010, 10:46
Lee Archer has passed away today.

http://www.aopa.org/aircraft/articles/2010/100205leearcher.html

This makes me very sad on multiple levels. First, we have again lost a hero from the Greatest Generation of our times. Second, this loss in particular is acute because Lt Col (ret.) Archer defined something that transcended wartime heroism. He helped usher in a renewed dedication to reaffirm our national creed through equal rights for all citizens.

So much can be said for this man. I wrote the Air Force Association years back asking them to correct the record and award Lt Col Archer credit for his fifth victory, which was taken away after the fact by actions many of the Tuskegee Airmen considered racially based. The AFA said they needed to speak with people of the period. I wrote the Tuskegee Association but I never heard back from them.

I had hoped this correction could have been accomplished prior to his death, but that chance has been lost.

Ken

Henry
February 5th, 2010, 11:36
Sad!:salute:
Thanks Ken
H

Chacha
February 5th, 2010, 11:48
Rest In Peace Lt. Col. (ret) Archer..... :engel016:

Condolences to the family!

HouseHobbit
February 5th, 2010, 11:57
Amen.. Rest in peace..

I do Pray our Lord will Honor and have Mercy for all who have suffered and died.. For so many of Us could be free..

To the brave Men and Women who stood at the Brink, and didn't give in to the Evil..

WE ALL OWE A GREAT DEBT..

harleyman
February 5th, 2010, 13:32
Well said HHobit.....

It is indeed a sad day for all !

Panther_99FS
February 5th, 2010, 17:30
Damn...
One of my favorites....

:medals:.....

GT182
February 5th, 2010, 17:31
Rest in Peace Sir. :USA-flag: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/sigpic336_1.gif

Tho I've met some of the Tuskegee airmen, I never had the pleasure to meet Lt Col Archer. His passing is a sad day for us all. They all are as fine a group of humble gentlemen you could ever meet.

Snuffy
February 6th, 2010, 05:09
Fair Winds Sir! 29127

Ken Stallings
February 6th, 2010, 07:25
Damn...
One of my favorites....

:medals:.....

Yeah, when I read the news at AOPA, I immediately thought of you Ed.

We feel the same about the man. The phrase, "they don't make 'em like that anymore" stays with me! I would have very much loved to have met the man.

Ken