PDA

View Full Version : Sim Skunk Works safe?

Wings of Gold
May 2nd, 2019, 11:28
I am transitioning to a new computer, and also have decided to use Bitdefender instead of Norton. Today I went to the SSW site for the first time since using Bitdefender. I immediately got an unsafe warning (because of unsafe url's) and was blocked from entry. I have used SSW many times in the past with no problems. I can add SSW to my "safe sites list" (and override Bitdefendder). BUT, in a feeling of caution, I thought I would post this question prior to overriding my antivirus.Anyone having a problem with SSW - or is this an error?Regards to all,Bill

azflyboy
May 2nd, 2019, 13:16
I purchased something from them a couple weeks ago, and since neither my credit card nor identity has been stolen yet, that's probably a false positive.

modelr
May 2nd, 2019, 16:49
It's a false positive. I've found more than just a couple well known FS sites that return false positives, for one reason or another. I use Norton, and they often need to be over-ridden. It's often because of the way FS does things within the Windows system that appear to act like a virus does, even though it is designed to do so by Microsoft originally. Go figure...

William Njurmi
May 2nd, 2019, 19:37
I complained a bit at the sales thread just the other day. I tried to log in and register without success. I did this at work and my work PC is less protected than at home. Within 20 minutes after my last register attempt I received a blackmail email to my work email. I don't know if these events are related.

PHo17
May 2nd, 2019, 23:47
I complained a bit at the sales thread just the other day. I tried to log in and register without success. I did this at work and my work PC is less protected than at home. Within 20 minutes after my last register attempt I received a blackmail email to my work email. I don't know if these events are related.

Your EMail address (and password to the site) may have been stolen from some site(s).

Here: https://haveibeenpwned.com/ you can check it.

There are some sites of firms that shouldn't be there like for example Avast (Internet security). Not very secure, eh?