EARTHQUAKE ROLL CALL !!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EARTHQUAKE ROLL CALL !!!!!!

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

Exclamation EARTHQUAKE ROLL CALL !!!!!!

Because this is an International Forum, it only seems fitting that we keep tabs on our friends in the Pacific Quake Area.

PLEASE check in today when there's time and let us know you are safe - Yes, Talon, that includes YOU - and stay away from stuff that falls ! :salute:

SC
    "...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

Members +
    I sent an email to Talon earlier telling him to head for high ground but I haven't had a reply yet. I'm not sure if he's in the US or back in Hawaii?

Anyone heard from Usio-san??

Lindsay

Or Talos and Igacci?

I saw on the news this morning that the Kyoto News Agency is reporting 88,000 people missing now.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Back home, ALIVE.

Hi, friends.

Thanks to my guardian I'm back home alive.

Tokyo suffered relatively less damage and is now recomposing.
    People are calm and in an order.
    My families and relatives, too.

I was gathering information while going back home.
    Nothern part of the pacific side of Japan received devastating damage by both record-breaking arthquakes (yes, not a single one) and an imediate follow of a tidal wave.
    I'm too shocked and still can't believe the video that a tide is swallowing a hole village within a couple of minutes, sweeping it away completely.
    The news said the flood arrived in no more than a minute after the quake.
    There were little time for them to evacuate to rising ground...

We are confident that we are best-prepared against earthquakes in the world.
    But actually we are so fragile against tsunamis.

Situation is becoming worse as it's cold for March, it became even colder after evening came down .

Friends, plz keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer to them underneth the freezing air.

Regards

Daisuke
    And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
    'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by leroy10 View Post
    I sent an email to Talon earlier telling him to head for high ground but I haven't had a reply yet. I'm not sure if he's in the US or back in Hawaii?

Anyone heard from Usio-san??

Lindsay
    Talon moved to higher ground towards the end of the summer. If he had time, I'm sure he took his boat out to sea. I haven't seen him on skype.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

We are relieved and glad that you and your family is OK Igacci.

The film footage on the news shows terrible destruction from the Tsunami as well as some damage from the earthquake.

It now looks like there is some damage to one of the nuclear power plants and that there may be a release of some radioactive material into the atmosphere.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Talon moved to higher ground towards the end of the summer. If he had time, I'm sure he took his boat out to sea. I haven't seen him on skype.
    I was speaking with him late last night, a few hours before the earthquake ... he was at home. (shortly after you signed off & Rami split because he was on "diaper patrol" once again)

Don't worry about Al ...because s!*t floats Bro; and we know he's full of it!!
    And remember the last time he fell into the ocean? - it spit him back out onto the boat!

..... Attachment 33043

So how's the DVA [LINESTRIKE]party[/LINESTRIKE] ... [LINESTRIKE]poker game[/LINESTRIKE] ... [LINESTRIKE]drunken orgy[/LINESTRIKE] ... [LINESTRIKE]hooker-fest[/LINESTRIKE] ... conference going?

Do you have scantily clad nurses jumping out of cakes?

..... Attachment 33044 ... Attachment 33046 ... Attachment 33044

Dirtman

~~ CFS2 Fulfills my need to "peacefully" blow things up ~~

Does usio live in quake area? Anyone heard from him?

As soon as I heard about a possible tsunami headed our way we headed out to sea. It's one of the safest places to be because the tsunami builds as it gets to the shallow water by the land. We had plenty of warning and were over 20 miles out when it hit. Tomorrow we will go back to harbor to be on the safe side. The ocean still stays rough for hours and there are rip tides and so forth.

Dirtman there is a time for Humor and this is not a time for IT. I have seen the destuctive force of the Ocean,Earthquakes and Volcano eruptions first hand and there is no humor in it.

Alot people have been lost and My Prayers go out to them and their Families and Loved ones.

Lindsay,Thanks for the e-mail but I couldn't reply at the time because my e-mail went down right after I read yours.

Talon

Igacci is well

Good news!

"Hi Peperz

Thank you for your concern!
    I'm now stacked in a McDonald's on my way home.
    Public transportation is all stoped.
    It seems I have to spend a night here in McDonald's.

Tokyo is OK. Except a town-scale blackout in some area.

I'm more concern about Yashico, who is living in northern Japan, closer to the epi-center of the quake than Tokyo.

I'll PM you again when I get back home.

Cheers

Daisuke"

Time to pray for Yashiko.

Thanks God

Pepe

I'm glad your safe! :salute:

Yes, let's pray for him and all our friends from that part of our world. It was not a pleasant thing to see on TV. I cannot imagine going through something like that. We can only hope that those who have lost loved ones, their homes and everything else will be able to heal quickly and move forward. All we can do is offer help and hope you will get over your loss and find nothing but happiness for the rest of your lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdflieger View Post
    It now looks like there is some damage to one of the nuclear power plants and that there may be a release of some radioactive material into the atmosphere.
    Right now the gov. spokesperson said it's not in critical situation for the mean time.
    The explosion is caused by some-how-leaked hydrogen and atmospheric oxigen mix.
    The core (pressured container) stays intact.

BTW, I had a phone call from Yashico this afternoon.
    He is very OK.
    Algthough the electricity is out in whole Akita city, life line (water, food, gas) is OK.
    (He was complaining that general shops were down and inconvenient.)

Regards

Daisuke
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hope everyone is doing Ok and wish for a speedy recovery. A disaster like this pulls people together I hope everyone keeps safe.

T.

Good to hear that our friends abroad are all OK. Our prayers go out to everyone impacted by this tragedy.

Hats off to you SC for starting this thread. We are an international forum and what affects one affects us all in a way.

Landscape Gardener
    Friends, plz keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer to them underneth the freezing air.
    We do it ,worried by the future quake replicas that will come and about the nuclear risks ,I'm also admirative about the behavour of the japanese people in front of a so big disaster.

JP

Akemi is fine

Right now, I had a Skype chat with Akemi.
    He is fine.

Regards

Daisuke
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Best wishes out to all Japanese people

I am relieved to see most of our SOH's friends from Japan are safe and in good health. Still I haven't seen news about Talos2005 and Usio, I wish we could know about their fate.

Domo arigato, Daisuke for keeping up posted. Please, keep us updated about the nuclear threat as well.

Japan's people are constantly in our prayers here in Italy. In this country we know very well what an earthquake can do, although the magnitude of Japan's event is mind-blowing. My hometown had a taste of it, two years ago. Although only minor damages were experienced, holding on to your chair while your floor is dancing to a spirited tune it's no fun at all, as Talon rightly pointed out, there's no humor in it.

Let me add my countrymen's and my admiration, as all Italian networks and newspapers are highly praising Japanese people's great demonstration of dignity, composure and quiet courage while facing such a horrible disaster. May all victims rest in peace.

Stefano "kelti" Denti
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Good thoughts and karma going out to the souls of many-isled Japan.
    Best Regards,
    Ghostrider
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply...

Hi,

Once again, I am overjoyed to hear that everyone is okay.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

glad to hear people are safe and ok, it is a huge challenge but the Japanese people are strong, brave and help each other tremendously in such times. I have the utmost admiration for the nation and the people. The collegues that I know in Tokyo area and other places are all ok so far, tho it was indeed terrible up north, and many still missing. But they have rescued 12,000 as of today and the search continues. Let us pray for them all. thanks for this thread this was very considerate.
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

We have friends in Japan made when my Wife worked in Japanese support. Thankfully, they all seem to be OK, but they're all shocked by what has happened to their country.

I want to offer my best wishes to all of our Japanese members and their families.

Be safe, Guys.

PomBee.

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

One Big Tiny World.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Coyote View Post
    ...Good to hear that our friends abroad are all OK. Our prayers go out to everyone impacted by this tragedy... Hats off to you SC for starting this thread. We are an international forum and what affects one affects us all in a way...
    Never a challenge When Friends are Concerned.

Just saw this posted, thought I'd send it up....

Attachment 33268

Best
    SC

"...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody's heard from Yashico-san or Ito-san?

TW
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!

Just heard from Toru (Talos 2005). He is safe and well and asks us to pray for his people. There is no doubting the resilience grace and tenacity of the Japanese people, but the impact of these disasters is going to bite deep for a long time in many places.