Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4 - Page 14
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    If you can re download your CS 727, and walk me through it, I will most appreciate it. I actually have working cockpit gauges - its only the control animations that are faulty.

Best regards,

Bill
    Sorry Bill i havent forgotten about you, I just havent a chance to install it yet to try it

Virtavia....?

Hello Chaps,

For those that already know... I would like to know what aircraft in the Virtavia inventory work in P3Dv4 please?

Cheers,
    Tim

If you can re download your CS 727, and walk me through it, I will most appreciate it. I actually have working cockpit gauges - its only the control animations that are faulty.
    Interested in following this. It seems that the CS 727 VC works when merged with the TDS 727 in P3Dv4 based on what is said on the TDS 727 FB page, i.e., presumably with no loss of aircraft systems, if that helps. Have not tested this yet myself, however, but will shortly. I find the TDS -100 and -200 727 models the cream of the crop. Hiroshi does Boeing's better than most, and the animations are fun. The CS systems, APU, fuel, electricals, start up for the 727 are quite immersive. Nice combo . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I would like to know what aircraft in the Virtavia inventory work in P3Dv4 please?
    Have not had problems with my fave AS/Virtavia planes. I just drag & drop them into P3Dv4 and see if all or some bits show up. NB: don't bother if it's not a genuine native FSX model. Also, if the panel has any .dll or .gau suffixed gauges that will cause problems, though I have salvaged certain aircraft with swapping out those problem gauges with 64 bit compatible ones from here and there.

I fly regularly the A-3, A-4, RA-5C, FH-3 Demon, Skyray, F-4 Phantom, F-8U Crusader - but all with FSX native models of course.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Have not had problems with my fave AS/Virtavia planes. I just drag & drop them into P3Dv4 and see if all or some bits show up. NB: don't bother if it's not a genuine native FSX model. Also, if the panel has any .dll or .gau suffixed gauges that will cause problems, though I have salvaged certain aircraft with swapping out those problem gauges with 64 bit compatible ones from here and there.

I fly regularly the A-3, A-4, RA-5C, FH-3 Demon, Skyray, F-4 Phantom, F-8U Crusader - but all with FSX native models of course.
    Pretty much all of the Alphasim/Virtavia line will work. For sure those currently on sale and any not on sale usually do as well if, as expat said, they are native FSX.
    They all use XML based gauges (except the cool radar by Eric Marciano we used in a couple fighters) which means they work in both 32-bit and 64-bit sims. The Blackhawk in P3Dv3/4 is by Virtavia.

RAZBAM's TacPack A-7D/E seems to work alright in P3Dv4.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    RAZBAM's TacPack A-7D/E seems to work alright in P3Dv4.

Dave
    Regarding that model, there are three red warning letter lights, center front console, that stay lit. Do you have the same issue? Thx, NC

Talking about old models, I just realized the freeware Mirage 2000-5 by Rollus (Roland Laborie) works very well in P3Dv4.3
    I just had to alias the sounds to another airplane, and that was it.
    The plane looks superb in VR, especially when you activate the pilot body in the virtual cockpit
    Its only negative point is the non-collimated HUD (a common error in old models)

OK, this is interesting, I have full control of a flyable aircraft, but no working cockpit gauges (CS 727 VC merged with TDS model in P3Dv4.3)

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Regarding that model, there are three red warning letter lights, center front console, that stay lit. Do you have the same issue? Thx, NC
    I do have this issue, but as I also get it in FSXA and P3Dv3, I tend to ignore it.

Dave

Thank you gentleman for your replies in regards to the Alphasim/Virtavia question I had.

All the ones i have, besides the Caribou are working for me. Scratching my heads as to why the Caribou does not show??

Cheers,
    Tim.

I see in the description of the Caribou

• Note : FSX version is a portover of the FS9 version, so NO self-shadowing, bump etc

so it's an FS9 model and won't work in V4, you want to look for those that say:

• full native FSX model with all FSX features (bump mapping, self-shadowing, bloom etc)

I have over a dozen Virtavia FSX models I use in V4 and they all work well.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    I see in the description of the Caribou

• Note : FSX version is a portover of the FS9 version, so NO self-shadowing, bump etc

so it's an FS9 model and won't work in V4, you want to look for those that say:

• full native FSX model with all FSX features (bump mapping, self-shadowing, bloom etc)

I have over a dozen Virtavia FSX models I use in V4 and they all work well.
    Okay..thank you for that blanston12.

I do have this issue, but as I also get it in FSXA and P3Dv3, I tend to ignore it.

Dave
    Not positive, but I believe the problem exists because the TP model was never completely finished. NC

Milton Shupe's A-20G Havoc

Hello Chaps,

Does this aircraft work in P3Dv4....?

Cheers,
    Tim.

Yes, it works fine
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Yes, it works fine
    Thank you jankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Not positive, but I believe the problem exists because the TP model was never completely finished. NC
    That could well be the case, but it's interesting that the A-7D doesn't seem to have the issue -- only the A-7E.

Dave

That could well be the case, but it's interesting that the A-7D doesn't seem to have the issue -- only the A-7E.

Dave
    I certainly would not know how to accomplish it, but wonder if there is a configuration in the D model that could replace the problem in the E? Probably modeled into the .mdl, eh? NC

Hello Chaps,

Has anyone been able to get the Captain Sim C-130 "A" model to work in v4.4?

Cheers,
    Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Hello Chaps,

Has anyone been able to get the Captain Sim C-130 "A" model to work in v4.4?

Cheers,
    Tim.
    tim i will set u up

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    tim i will set u up
    Thank you Matt. I had a play with it last night and could get the "H" model and the "J" -not the 30 series- model to work with the old paints. Just could not work out the "A" model due to the "model" and sound files...?

Will try tonight but I think I can get the "E" model to work buy using the USCG model?

Stand by....

Right-0...what a pickle LM have done to make things difficult to get the correct external model fitting the correct cockpit and instruments.

Stick with me.....

Got the "E" model to work. However i have to use the HC-130H exterior model due to the rear wheel blisters on the "E" model being shorter than the "H" model. Thus I can only use the "eicas" engine instruments that are assigned to the HC-130H!?! The "E" model is more suited to the old "analogue engine instruments and not the LCD ones assigned through the "panel.eicas" file. I have tried just using the "panel=" and not the "panel=eicas" entry in the aircraf.cfg file to work...but no luck!?!? I just get blacked out analogue instruments!?

Got the "H" model to work a treat if you like old "H" models that had the analogue engine instruments.... However, if you like the "upgraded" "H" models -which were fitted out with the LCD engine instruments- then this will not work either!?!? I have tried using "panel=eicas" in the aircraft.cfg file for the C-130H entries but all i get is a blacked out LCD screen where the instruments should be....confused??? Well I am stumped!?!?

The "A" model.....? Forget it!!! I could only use the HC-130H model and then it comes with four bladed props and not the traditional 3 blades and no outer wing tanks....also it comes with the LCD engine instruments and not not the classic analogue ones!?!?

I just hope that Captain Sim release a fix so I can get ALL of my C-130's back into v4.4

Or if anyone else has a solution. I am all ears...

Cheers,
    Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Right-0...what a pickle LM have done to make things difficult to get the correct external model fitting the correct cockpit and instruments.

Stick with me.....

Got the "E" model to work. However i have to use the HC-130H exterior model due to the rear wheel blisters on the "E" model being shorter than the "H" model. Thus I can only use the "eicas" engine instruments that are assigned to the HC-130H!?! The "E" model is more suited to the old "analogue engine instruments and not the LCD ones assigned through the "panel.eicas" file. I have tried just using the "panel=" and not the "panel=eicas" entry in the aircraf.cfg file to work...but no luck!?!? I just get blacked out analogue instruments!?

Got the "H" model to work a treat if you like old "H" models that had the analogue engine instruments.... However, if you like the "upgraded" "H" models -which were fitted out with the LCD engine instruments- then this will not work either!?!? I have tried using "panel=eicas" in the aircraft.cfg file for the C-130H entries but all i get is a blacked out LCD screen where the instruments should be....confused??? Well I am stumped!?!?

The "A" model.....? Forget it!!! I could only use the HC-130H model and then it comes with four bladed props and not the traditional 3 blades and no outer wing tanks....also it comes with the LCD engine instruments and not not the classic analogue ones!?!?

I just hope that Captain Sim release a fix so I can get ALL of my C-130's back into v4.4

Or if anyone else has a solution. I am all ears...

Cheers,
    Tim.
    I will talk to you tonight, its easier than you think

Thanks Matt she works a treat!!

I don't know what you did but i was pulling my hair out last weekend trying everything I know to try and make it work!?!?

I am truly grateful.

Members who have read this thread: 16