Freeware Heron's Nest 2.0 released - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freeware Heron's Nest 2.0 released

Simply Superbe!

Heart-stoppingly lovely... well worth the install effort (just add manually and re-run SODE)- TOTALLY BRILLIANT!

Carl

Beautiful and thank you for this nice scenery

I used the installer and pointed it to P3D V3 and it installed it but when I went to add or activate it, P3D didn't find it, So a workaround for me was to copy it a my ADDON directory and then
    I renamed the folders to Scenery/Texture - it was buried under Iblueyounder directory and so I had to uncover it by adding it to my ADDON scenery director then drop the prefix HN from
    both texture and scenery then add it and voila - Thanks for the V2. BTW what does the SODE installer do? I ran it once and it wanted me to reboot my rig.

Last edited by gray eagle; April 21st, 2017 at 15:38.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I used the installer and pointed it to P3D V3 and it installed it but when I went to add or activate it, P3D didn't find it, So a workaround for me was to copy it a my ADDON directory and then
    I renamed the folders to Scenery/Texture - it was buried under Iblueyounder directory and so I had to uncover it by adding it to my ADDON scenery director then drop the prefix HN from
    both texture and scenery then add it and voila - Thanks for the V2. BTW what does the SODE installer do? I ran it once and it wanted me to reboot my rig.

SODE is a module that enables dynamic display of models and textures. The whole island uses it to set the proper seasonal textures, as does the wind turbine to point into the wind and change blade speed based on wind speed. If you see the island, SODE is working! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by spotlope View Post
    SODE is a module that enables dynamic display of models and textures. The whole island uses it to set the proper seasonal textures, as does the wind turbine to point into the wind and change blade speed based on wind speed. If you see the island, SODE is working! ;-)
    Why, thank you for explaining all that sir.

Safe depth to park at the shack 00MM

I thought that I could get a float plane to park inside the shack but noted that the water must not be deep enough draft for the plane.

I had to slew to this location.

This is about as close you can get to the shack and still move the float plane not any closer or you will be beached (Stuck in the mud).

The draft is deep enough to support a float plane here. Or on other side of pier. No biggie, this is still very cool scenery

Bill-

As soon as Nantucket goes SODE, I'm in! Your work is stupendous.

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Bill-

As soon as Nantucket goes SODE, I'm in! Your work is stupendous.

Carl
    I'm working on it, Carl. It's a bit complex, but we'll get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Did you uninstall the previous version?
    I have neither a previous version, nor Perpar 3D, nor FSX SE or whatever is mentioned, just an "old" FSX Acceleration which runs well on my Win7 & 10 machines. But forget about it, I can fly quite well without this scenery. Don't want to spend hours on forums. Thanks for help all of you.

hertzie

Did you ever pop over to the official support forum, Hertzie?

Installed into FSX SE with the only hitch being my bad and an easy recovery. (I was looking in the add on scenery folder for it).

Flew up from Barataria with a few friends and decided to drop in for a look see. As the Avia isn't an amphibian, the runway wasn't an issue.

Set it down on the water and taxied in to the floatplane area. I think it needs a bigger shed before the Avia will fit.

But tying up to the pier wasn't too big a deal so long as I don't hit those poles..

Overall, I'm very impressed with it and you've got a potential new customer.

Willy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heron 1.jpg   Nope 1.jpg   Tied up.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

I absolutely love this scenery but I find Maine to be a bit remote for me. How difficult would it be to relocate this scenery to the west coast? I think it would fit right in off the coast of ORBX's PNW demo scenery northwest of KHQM Bowerman. I have some experience with Airport Design Editor but I was unable to move the scenery. Anyone have any knowledge of how to do it? I'm not trying to buy ADE ProKey for just this one thing...

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter7 View Post
    I absolutely love this scenery but I find Maine to be a bit remote for me...
    Have you tried Allan Island WA71 by Emerald Scenery Design near Anacortes 74S?

With PNW ORBX or Blue Sky Scenery (like below) and Afscrub's Cub, it's quite nice too...

I'm not trying to buy ADE ProKey for just this one thing...
    Moving a complex scenery like Heron's Nest from Maine to Washington seems like asking for trouble, but if you feel like it, ADE is now free for personal use (including ProKey) since October 2021:
    https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...al-use.453946/

I absolutely love this scenery but I find Maine to be a bit remote for me. How difficult would it be to relocate this scenery to the west coast? I think it would fit right in off the coast of ORBX's PNW demo scenery northwest of KHQM Bowerman. I have some experience with Airport Design Editor but I was unable to move the scenery. Anyone have any knowledge of how to do it? I'm not trying to buy ADE ProKey for just this one thing...
    I suppose if you have the exact Long and Lat positions for the area you wish to inhabit it might be doable. ADE w/pro-key would allow the AFCAD to be located but you'd need to also relocate the actual Island itself but that doesn't move along with the AFCAD so you'd need a way to relocate the Island as well. Maybe SBX or the utility bgltoXML. . .locate the long/Lat numbers in the xml file and change those to the new location. I'm guessing though. . .never had a need to put a perfectly good Island somewhere other than where it should be.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by vonstroheim View Post
    Have you tried Allan Island WA71 by Emerald Scenery Design near Anacortes 74S?

Moving a complex scenery like Heron's Nest from Maine to Washington seems like asking for trouble, but if you feel like it, ADE is now free for personal use (including ProKey) since October 2021:
    https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...al-use.453946/
    Thanks Vonstroheim! Never knew about that scenery or that ProKey was now freeware. Should keep me busy for a while

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I suppose if you have the exact Long and Lat positions for the area you wish to inhabit it might be doable. ADE w/pro-key would allow the AFCAD to be located but you'd need to also relocate the actual Island itself but that doesn't move along with the AFCAD so you'd need a way to relocate the Island as well. Maybe SBX or the utility bgltoXML. . .locate the long/Lat numbers in the xml file and change those to the new location. I'm guessing though. . .never had a need to put a perfectly good Island somewhere other than where it should be.
    Yeah I encountered that issue with the AFCAD moving to the spot I wanted but the island being left behind. Definitely an unusual project way outside my wheelhouse that I'll likely abandon. I appreciate the insight tho!

Members who have read this thread: 0