Fsx/P3D TO msfs converter.

Thread: Fsx/P3D TO msfs converter.

Fsx/P3D TO msfs converter.

Hi guys.

I spent a few weeks not building on my new do 335 and P39 air-cobra to build a new converter/compiler so I don't have to do added work to get my P3d planes into MSFS with all the crazy detail I have in these already.
    So now with this utility it is literally just drop and click convert and it just converts the project for MSFS with no need to use other c++ programs. This cuts my time in half!
    It will also compile the models for all sims and supports everything from fs2004 to .x from fsx and the new msfs file format. It is simply just grab your 3ds max, maya, blender, fsds, or literally any cad builder that can animate and map and just simply click the options for what sims you want it compiled for and boom its done in a few seconds. So now I can support all sims from Fs9 all the way to MSFS and even X-plane if I want. I will write in a script for it to take the textures from dxt or dds format to the new format used in msfs so I don't have to do it manually. This is a major time saver for me as I'm just a one man crew. It is set up for DX9 TO DX 12 for now and will be ok in windows 11.

So in short, you fsx and p3d guys will be getting new planes as well as Msfs folks.
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Your source for fine Flight Simulation enhancements!

Would the output be 'native' MSFS or 'legacy'? Personally, I am not too happy with making it even easier for "msfs folks" to create mod hacks of my original FSX and P3D work, say the C-47, C-97, B-50, Beverley, Basler, C-117, not to mention the fs9 Constellations. I really do not want to see any of them in MSFS. Sorry to say this, but I just hope that the ported models will be just as useless as they have been with the standard legacy importer. Some msfs folks is also known to release pirated stuff and earn money on it, without so much as a credit or by your leave. To see that they may be able to do it "in a few seconds" makes me shudder.

BTW this has been a reason why Arno of FlightDeveloper.com has not enabled his ModelConverterX to port animations.

Cheers,
    Manfred

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Would the output be 'native' MSFS or 'legacy'? Personally, I am not too happy with making it even easier for "msfs folks" to create mod hacks of my original FSX and P3D work, say the C-47, C-97, B-50, Beverley, Basler, C-117, not to mention the fs9 Constellations. I really do not want to see any of them in MSFS. Sorry to say this, but I just hope that the ported models will be just as useless as they have been with the standard legacy importer. Some msfs folks is also known to release pirated stuff and earn money on it, without so much as a credit or by your leave. To see that they may be able to do it "in a few seconds" makes me shudder.

BTW this has been a reason why Arno of FlightDeveloper.com has not enabled his ModelConverterX to port animations.

Cheers,
    Manfred
    Hi,
    This is the difference between a famous freeware creator and an anonymous one. I would have been flattered to have one of my models converted (lol). On the other hand, to make money with it is immoral and I agree with you!
    JMC

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    Hi,
    This is the difference between a famous freeware creator and an anonymous one. I would have been flattered to have one of my models converted (lol). On the other hand, to make money with it is immoral and I agree with you!
    JMC
    To be clear....this is not and will never be for sale nor will it be distributed, It is for my personal use. The gist of the post was that "Yes...now that me a one man team...can support fsx and p3d as well as MSFS. the tool was made to make my life easier and to get more production for cr1. This utility is proprietary to Cr1-Software and will never be allowed out to the public.

It was also designed to help me with my console contracts that I have that are far more important then the much smaller market of flight sim. It is a killer tool that I custom made to give me a hand up in my personal work.

And frankly...I will sell or not...any software I build whether you like it or not.
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

don't mean to be rude, but I know what the hacks are up to in this community as I have been the victim of it many times. In fact there is a very big guy in flightsim now that started with me then stole mine and Grahams models to get his start, nine models in total.

So I know what it is like to be ripped off. Also I wont release something that will allow piracy in this community, that's like putting fully loaded clip into your gun then playing Russian Roulette with it...

To answer you question about if it will put out "native models" specific to the sim that they are labeled for. Answer is yes.

So how I built it was to code in every parameter that each sim needs to be a verified model for that sim, so for example, if I want a fs9 model that is a true fs9 model, then the tool will ask me, "What sim is this compile for?" then it gives me a list from Fs9 to msfs, I click lets say fs9, it then asks me what type of textures I want to use and gives me a list that is specific to that sim. I click lets say 32 bit bmp. Then boom it makes the plane from my max files or blender files or maya and even fsds if I was to ever use it...or Rhino or Z-brush or anything that will animate and model and map. With fs9 to have millions of polies you need quite a few mdl files but it will do that.

Its a great tool that came out of necessity as no one wanted to come be a part of Cr1 to help push production. So I was forced to create a tool to literally replace another designer.

So be it.

Now that I'm this far into it I think I will see about it doing other wild stuff I have been dreaming of for 2 dang decades...
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas J Wood View Post
    To be clear....this is not and will never be for sale nor will it be distributed, It is for my personal use. The gist of the post was that "Yes...now that me a one man team...can support fsx and p3d as well as MSFS. the tool was made to make my life easier and to get more production for cr1. This utility is proprietary to Cr1-Software and will never be allowed out to the public.

It was also designed to help me with my console contracts that I have that are far more important then the much smaller market of flight sim. It is a killer tool that I custom made to give me a hand up in my personal work.

And frankly...I will sell or not...any software I build whether you like it or not.
    Interesting to hear of your own piracy woes, and much relieved to read the clarification.

I wish you success with all of your projects. Personally, I have shelved all of mine.

Best
    Manfred

Did you understand the meaning of my intervention? I doubt it. I find your answer extremely pretentious. I was just talking about those who make money hacking freeware such as Mr. Jahn's creations. As far as I'm concerned you do what you want, you sell what you want, I don't attach any importance to this.

JMC

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    Did you understand the meaning of my intervention? I doubt it. I find your answer extremely pretentious. I was just talking about those who make money hacking freeware such as Mr. Jahn's creations. As far as I'm concerned you do what you want, you sell what you want, I don't attach any importance to this.

JMC

Good for you.
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Blog Entries
    I thank the OP for sharing the information on his new software tools. Hopefully, this will result in more aircraft for users in MEFS.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I thank the OP for sharing the information on his new software tools. Hopefully, this will result in more aircraft for users in MEFS.
    I agree wholeheartedly. The OP just mentionned that he was able to convert his own creations to the new sim. AND that the software he developed to that end will never be released publicly. I don't see the problem. I only see a bright future with new models for the new sim.

Looking forward to that Do335!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Sounds great, I wish I had your skillset to create a converter for my products, but that is beyond me!

How well does it convert FSDS aircraft to MSFS? Arno allowed me to try out his converter but I could not get any successful conversion created unfortunately.

I AM genuinely interested in this because , as we all know, one of the aspects of trying a new sim (FS9, FSX and X-plane for me) is the frustration of not being able to use your favorite add-on in the new sim.
    So how does this differ from convimx? That program already easily converts textures both for the airplane or for airport or ground textures into different formats to use.

Does it also convert the air file, gauges, etc etc? Because if that is the case, this IS absolutely ground breaking. Being able to now fly my favorite airplane from FS9 in MSFS for instance changes everything.

You just laid out the very reason it won't be released to the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by P Jones View Post
    I AM genuinely interested in this because , as we all know, one of the aspects of trying a new sim (FS9, FSX and X-plane for me) is the frustration of not being able to use your favorite add-on in the new sim.
    So how does this differ from convimx? That program already easily converts textures both for the airplane or for airport or ground textures into different formats to use.

Does it also convert the air file, gauges, etc etc? Because if that is the case, this IS absolutely ground breaking. Being able to now fly my favorite airplane from FS9 in MSFS for instance changes everything.
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    You just laid out the very reason it won't be released to the general public.
    ha! Yeah, bummer. Anyway, all the best for Mr Wood.

Hi guys.

I spent a few weeks not building on my new do 335 and P39 air-cobra to build a new converter/compiler so I don't have to do added work to get my P3d planes into MSFS with all the crazy detail I have in these already.
    So now with this utility it is literally just drop and click convert and it just converts the project for MSFS with no need to use other c++ programs. This cuts my time in half!
    It will also compile the models for all sims and supports everything from fs2004 to .x from fsx and the new msfs file format. It is simply just grab your 3ds max, maya, blender, fsds, or literally any cad builder that can animate and map and just simply click the options for what sims you want it compiled for and boom its done in a few seconds. So now I can support all sims from Fs9 all the way to MSFS and even X-plane if I want. I will write in a script for it to take the textures from dxt or dds format to the new format used in msfs so I don't have to do it manually. This is a major time saver for me as I'm just a one man crew. It is set up for DX9 TO DX 12 for now and will be ok in windows 11.

So in short, you fsx and p3d guys will be getting new planes as well as Msfs folks.

Sorry, I call B.S on this program. Impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Flair View Post
    Sorry, I call B.S on this program. Impossible.
    Dear Rick,

by signing onto this forum you accepted a part of our policy

[...] you warrant that you will not post any messages that are personal attacks, name calling, obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. [...]

Please stick to it. We do not tolerate offensive excursions here. Since this is your first post on this forum, I am here to remind you of that.

Mark
    Last edited by roger-wilco-66; July 30th, 2021 at 03:49.
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Dear Rick,

by signing onto this forum you accepted a part of your policy

[...] you warrant that you will not post any messages that are personal attacks, name calling, obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. [...]

Please stick to it. We do not tolerate offensive excursions here. Since this is your first post on this forum, I am here to remind you of that.

Mark
    I agree. Thank you mark.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Members who have read this thread: 7