Orbx released Pacific-Aerospace-750-xstol 10/7

Thread: Orbx released Pacific-Aerospace-750-xstol 10/7

Orbx released Pacific-Aerospace-750-xstol 10/7

Takes me way back to the days of watching Cresco top dressers operating over NZ farms.
    Interesting choice of aircraft.
    T43

https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/2...ght-simulator/
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; October 7th, 2022 at 14:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    Takes me way back to the days of watching Cresco top dressers operating over NZ farms.
    Interesting choice of aircraft.
    T43

https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/2...ght-simulator/
    Thx, looks very interesting. I didnt know this plane. Perhaps its the first time when I see it however I saw quite similar model for FSX as agricultural version but I do not know if it is the same plane.

It's hard to say it's a beautiful plane (oops ) but the model looks very nice.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I'm a little hesitant after the Optica (the GotFriends version is sooo much better) and the Fokker they did for MS (it's gotten dramatically better, but was handled so sloppily at release).

This doesn't feel like it's from the same developer, though. OrbX works a lot with contractors, and I'm guessing from the level of detail I'm seeing in their press that this was created by someone other than the Optica/Fokker designers.

Seems to me that Mike Stone did this one for FS9. Looks interesting.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

The parachutists that share the field with my gliding club use one, so I've seen a lot of it...often doing spectacular descents and circuits to get down quickly for the next lift.
    Will be interesting to try it out

And Mike bravo, the aircraft they use, is one of the liveries to be provided

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Bought it, but only had time for a quick flight as I also bought the M-346 and TB-30 and it's bedtime.

But it just seemed like a cool plane, and I love all the versions. The one quick flight I took was fun -- awesome STOL performance!

Y'all, be sure to check this out. It's really well done, a cut or seven above previous OrbX aircraft efforts. And way more interesting to fly than the PC-21, if you're looking for some new turboprop fun.

Kind of a shame it shipped right along with the Tiger Moth and M-346 (which y'all already know are great), because this is a really nice STOL plane with some really slick variants.

This one's a little disappointing. Bad sounds (stock, and very quiet), no PMS 750 support (though it does support the TDS), no animated cargo (not the end of the world but it's become pretty common these days), no statics, tablet takes up a ton of space for only having 3 options. I recommend it only if you really like the real-world plane but otherwise, get the Milviz Porter, Kodiak, or even Black Square Caravan for sure. I'm hoping Orbx updates it, but their track record of improving their planes isn't great.

There's an update out already that supports the PMS 750
    Orbx have said that there are further updates coming including animated cargo, custom sounds and failures.

The agricultural division of this package could've made for some extraordinairy challenging and exiting flying experience in MSFS finally !

Avangel's review (https://youtu.be/SU7nPKIlQ9M) of it however seems to prove that Orbx left it as just another single turboprop aircraft without any bells and whistles. IMHO certainly a missed chance as ever there was.

Orbx being famous and well respected for their beautiful and sometimes amazingly enchanting sceneries, one of the biggest FS scenery producers in the market for years already, had the chance here to atleast add one or even more typical New Zealand sloping airstrip sceneries specially created for 'top dressing' farm fields in the surrouding mountainous area's. I mean, why not for Pete's sake ! If anyone can do it it's Orbx, right !?

They could've even go 'all the way' and add the fertilizer installation at the top of the strip with animated fertilizer truck to fill up our PAC P-750 for the next flight. ( ok, a non animated truck would've been nice as well, better than nothing anyway..). Yes, the lid of the fertilizer tank can be opened and closed but that's it. A bit sad really, isn't it...

Here's how it *could* have been.... A missed chance ? Absolutely ! ( ok, not so much a PAC P-750 but its predecessor Fletcher FU24 Turbo. Had some good fun with that FSX ! ):

https://youtu.be/DO6HpMTSkF4

And here's the view from the cockpit : https://youtu.be/8-FIhnB6fYQ

That fun flying or what ??!!

Hoping maybe Orbx comes to it senses and release a few of these typical 'top dressing' sloping hill farmstrip sceneries. I'll certainly buy the PAC P-750 then (provided they'll upgrade the soundsuite, add fertilizer load to drop and add atleast a static fertilizer installation and truck)

Thank you.

From the Orbx forums:
    Roadmap
    This is not the end of development for the PAC 750. Post-release, we intend to include a custom PT-6 sound pack, failures, more highly-detailed liveries, landing challenges, bush trips and more.

Incidentally I've flown from a farm strip many years ago in NZ but this was in an a Agwagon...interesting to say the least.

Also had a strip on our farm but that was in the days of top dressing Tiger Moths and Cessna 180s

Quote Originally Posted by Naki1 View Post
    From the Orbx forums:
    Roadmap
    This is not the end of development for the PAC 750. Post-release, we intend to include a custom PT-6 sound pack, failures, more highly-detailed liveries, landing challenges, bush trips and more.
    Yes, i read that too, thanks ! Will keep an eye on that. Doesn't look like they have a fully fledged top dressing scenario in mind though.

Quote Originally Posted by Naki1 View Post
    Incidentally I've flown from a farm strip many years ago in NZ but this was in an a Agwagon...interesting to say the least. Also had a strip on our farm but that was in the days of top dressing Tiger Moths and Cessna 180s
    Top dressing with a Tiger Moth ! That would be my ultimate joy ! Here's an interesting film clip from 1953 : https://youtu.be/EayYnmdlsqM

I also thought this earlier yellow piston engined Fletcher looks and sounds particularly cool: https://youtu.be/m3Nz3tOQFus

Btw, must be amazing to live in NZ! I'm from the Netherlands where the highest hills are manmade to cover our waste and carbage..

It's an interesting plane, but from everything I've seen so far, I think I'll wait until it's a little more "finished."
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    The agricultural division of this package could've made for some extraordinairy challenging and exiting flying experience in MSFS finally !
    Hoping maybe Orbx comes to it senses and release a few of these typical 'top dressing' sloping hill farmstrip sceneries. I'll certainly buy the PAC P-750 then (provided they'll upgrade the soundsuite, add fertilizer load to drop and add at least a static fertilizer installation and truck)
    Thank you.
    Totally agree with these sentiments!
    There needs to be an effect showing where you've delivered the load, too.

Back in FS9 we created some remote strips with a bit of scenery from Lawrie Roache, added AI and poached some bits from Deane Baunton's epic Fletcher.
    Fun within the limitations of the sim.
    MSFS 2020 has inbuilt capabilities far exceeding that.

ORBX certainly can mobilise the talent if it chooses, hope they are reading this.

Nothing like the ATsimulations AN2 for those tasks with its load in the hopper, between roars of pistons and flying 150 feet above the ground, a real shame not to have it in MFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    In FS9 it was easy to make a slurry out of any smoke file. It took three mods - change color, add gravity (weight), and drastically increase the element lifetime. I'm not sure if that can be done with the current smoke since I haven't tried to peek into the code.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    Totally agree with these sentiments!

Back in FS9 we created some remote strips with a bit of scenery from Lawrie Roache, added AI and poached some bits from Deane Baunton's epic Fletcher.
    Not sure anymore if i was aware of that, such long time ago... I do certainly remember Deane Baunton's Fletcher but wasn't that for FSX/P3D too ? It's because of that i learned about 'top dressing' in New Zealand. Always loved those video's and enjoying them again now because of Orbx's PAC 750 release ! (in any case thanks for that, Orbx ! ;-)

Fun within the limitations of the sim.
    MSFS 2020 has inbuilt capabilities far exceeding that.
    I think so too !

ORBX certainly can mobilise the talent if it chooses, hope they are reading this.
    The big irony here of course is that Orbx IS from New Zealand, right !? And sloping runways are already there in MSFS as are various kinds of airport trucks and vehicles interact with planes, animated and all. I've also seen militairy aircraft lowering onto their gear when ordnance is loaded. Dropping fire retardent/water was already possible in FS9/FSX/P3D, should be possible with MSFS too.

In short all ingredients are there for Orbx to deliver us some exiting, full blown 'New Zealand Top Dressing' scenarios ! C'mon Kiwi's !! What's keeping you !! Free with the PAC 750 package or seperate 10 Kiwi dollar per scenario, i don't care ! We virtual Top Dressers ALL don't care, just give us the works !

Just don't let this opportunity dissolve in the mist of the New Zealand mountains !

Btw, Wing_Z, i remember you from something, just can't remember what....

Weren't you by any chance involved with Maam-Sim beta-testing or perhaps Manfred's C-47 ?... ( time does fly, doesn't it.. ;-)
    Last edited by Javis; October 20th, 2022 at 18:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    In FS9 it was easy to make a slurry out of any smoke file. It took three mods - change color, add gravity (weight), and drastically increase the element lifetime. I'm not sure if that can be done with the current smoke since I haven't tried to peek into the code.
    Here's an ancient screenie collection of a firefighter mod i did for our Maam-Sim B-25 in FS9. Easy peasy however the problem was that a simulated fire could be started anywhere but just no chance to kill it no matter bombarding it with retardant or water all day.

Later a payware fire proggy came along ( FSX ?..) that made it possible. Good fun ! I bet there's just no reason we can't have that in MSFS as well as fertilizer instead of retardant or water. It just takes so long !

Nontheless, i'd say lets worry about instant replay, fly-by camera and decent water spray/wake effect first. ( i do see some more or less decent smoke effects turning up lately, that's a good start ! ;-)

Members who have read this thread: 0