GAS N3N-3 P3D Legacy FSXA Pre-release sale SOH
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GAS N3N-3 P3D Legacy FSXA Pre-release sale SOH

GAS N3N-3 P3D Legacy FSXA Pre-release sale SOH

GAS is proud to offer our N3N-3 package at a pre-release discount. to the Community. 15.95 USD The sale period will remain active until 8/1/22. Took longer than expected but we hope you will enjoy the end result and we thank you for your continued support. Best Paul, Gil, and the team

Video:

Product:
    https://www.payloadz.com/go/sip?id=3395986

Got it. Off to fly. Thanks for your efforts.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Got it. Off to fly. Thanks for your efforts.
    Yup, what WH said. . .many thanks!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Just got mine also, thanks a bunch. Your modeling skills seem to improve a bit with every new model!

Excellent, I just picked it up. Looking forward to trying it this evening.

Took longer than expected but we hope you will enjoy the end result and we thank you for your continued support. Best Paul, Gil, and the team
    Perfect timing actually, AirVenture 2022 just started!

I'm curious which airfield was used in your video?

Disregard, I see it's stated in the credits, Plum Island.

Quote Originally Posted by monk1 View Post
    Excellent, I just picked it up. Looking forward to trying it this evening.

Perfect timing actually, AirVenture 2022 just started!

Disregard, I see it's stated in the credits, Plum Island.
    the float plane video was shot using our own scenery Wilmington Terminal

Beautiful model that translates the mass of this airplane to the feel of the controls. What stands out to me is how dynamic the sounds are in all phases of flight: A real "seat of your pants" feel. Thanks for the early bird discount, too.

Install to P3D V5.3

I wanted to install this into my ADDON Scenery folder so I made a xml gauge

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>GAS N3N</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>GAS N3N</AddOn.Description>
    <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>EFFECTS</Category>
    <Path>Effects</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    </SimBase.Document>

P3D 5 will ask me if I want to include the addon and I select YES and it is added.

After I select the N3N in P3D V5 and hit OK and during the loading process I get this error message

cGaugeSoundClass

The system can not find the path specified

file

Simobjects\\Airplanes\\Gas_BAF_N3N-3\\Sound\\StearmanSND1.wav

When I dismiss the first error then 17 more will pop for the other 17 wav sounds.

I think they may be related to the handcrank start noise.

Anyway there are a few effects that are commen with other GAS products effects - not all but some.

If installed in the Addone folder it makes for a clean uninstall and leave not duplicate files behind.

What xml entry would be needed to load or find the wav sounds?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I wanted to install this into my ADDON Scenery folder so I made a xml gauge

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>GAS N3N</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>GAS N3N</AddOn.Description>
    <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>EFFECTS</Category>
    <Path>Effects</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    </SimBase.Document>

P3D 5 will ask me if I want to include the addon and I select YES and it is added.

After I select the N3N in P3D V5 and hit OK and during the loading process I get this error message

cGaugeSoundClass

The system can not find the path specified

file

Simobjects\\Airplanes\\Gas_BAF_N3N-3\\Sound\\StearmanSND1.wav

When I dismiss the first error then 17 more will pop for the other 17 wav sounds.

I think they may be related to the handcrank start noise.

Anyway there are a few effects that are commen with other GAS products effects - not all but some.

If installed in the Addone folder it makes for a clean uninstall and leave not duplicate files behind.

What xml entry would be needed to load or find the wav sounds?

Thanks
    Browse to the Panel folder for the plane and open the panel.cfg in notepad

In the [Vcockpit01] section gauge00 points to the custom sounds
    change the path specified in it to read the full path where it is installed e.g. mine is
    gauge00=GAS_Sound_64!FBGS_XMLSound, 0,0,1,1,E:\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Golden Age Simulations\SimObjects\Airplanes\GAS NAF N3N-3\Sound\Stearman#19
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

They look and sound terrific, Skipper - outstanding effort here by GAS!

I think I must have about 30 or more posts in this forum over the years imploring someone to please make an N3N - and finally here it is, and done with care by the team whose hands
    it had always belonged in. Well Done fellers!
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Good job. Thanks for the model and the discount!
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post

change the path specified in it to read the full path where it is installed e.g. mine is
    gauge00=GAS_Sound_64!FBGS_XMLSound, 0,0,1,1,E:\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Golden Age Simulations\SimObjects\Airplanes\GAS NAF N3N-3\Sound\Stearman#19

Your suggestion works great! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    They look and sound terrific, Skipper - outstanding effort here by GAS!

I think I must have about 30 or more posts in this forum over the years imploring someone to please make an N3N - and finally here it is, and done with care by the team whose hands
    it had always belonged in. Well Done fellers!
    Glad you and all are enjoying it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post

Thanks "DB" for posting the solution. I'll add to the POH in the upcoming commercial release. I'm sure others will be grateful. (I am)

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    Thanks "DB" for posting the solution. I'll add to the POH in the upcoming commercial release. I'm sure others will be grateful. (I am)
    Yep, since I don't use the "Airplanes" folder for any of my addons I always have to remember to change that path accordingly, but of course the Sim will remind you, lol
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

A Special Repaint For The N3N-3

My NAS Annapolis repaint for this beautiful aircraft is now available in the Warbirds library. It is unique that it is not pre-WWII; not WWII, BUT post war 1957. Interesting note, yesterday as I was looking at my photos downloaded of NAS Annapolis, I found there there was a "35" in 1950 with a much earlier serial number so I checked out its history on Joe Baugher's Navy and USMC serials but sadly it was missing so I am just going to assume that it crashed. This is a new one with the later serial number. Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    My NAS Annapolis repaint for this beautiful aircraft is now available in the Warbirds library. It is unique that it is not pre-WWII; not WWII, BUT post war 1957. Interesting note, yesterday as I was looking at my photos downloaded of NAS Annapolis, I found there there was a "35" in 1950 with a much earlier serial number so I checked out its history on Joe Baugher's Navy and USMC serials but sadly it was missing so I am just going to assume that it crashed. This is a new one with the later serial number. Check it out!

Very nice. Thanks. Much appreciated.
    -- WH

and with changing the cfg wording it works just fine as the land plane version as well!

That is great

Quote Originally Posted by RKinkor View Post
    and with changing the cfg wording it works just fine as the land plane version as well!
    I saw one photo that had the float removed and wheels replacing it. The Curtiss SOC Seagull was designed this way. though according to Teton Aviation two distinct versions were produced which I am sure SPAD54 was aware of when designing it for GAS though according to a blog they can be changed from one to the other in a couple or hours with experience. Here is a really cool link with a lot of information.https://notastearman.wordpress.com/about-2/

Also here is a link to a video.https://www.criticalpast.com/video/6...ne_plane-lands

Thanks again for the "Yellow Peril."

Any suggestions on how to water taxi the float version? After landing I'm all over the place except the dock.
    -- WH

Thanks again for the "Yellow Peril."

Any suggestions on how to water taxi the float version? After landing I'm all over the place except the dock.
    I'm not exactly sure how the Navy did it. I found that I was reasonable successful getting the float up on the "step" with throttle and dragging the inboard float in the water with full rudder in the direction of the turn. Getting a tight turn was/is tricky. But, here's a "hack" that "fools" the model into thinking it has a water rudder without having to deploy one. It modifies the main float contact points to provide a 45 degree steer angle. Let me know what you think. Back up your .cfg file before trying. Edit the contact points section as shown below.

point.0 = 4, 6.154, -1.663, -7.000, 2200, 0, 0, 45, 0.5, 2.5, 0.891, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0 Lt Strake Fwd
    point.1 = 4, -8.285, -1.157, -6.426, 2200, 0, 0, 45, 0.5, 2.5, 0.891, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0 Lt Strake aft
    point.2 = 4, 6.154, 1.663, -7.000, 2200, 0, 0, 45, 0.5, 2.5, 0.891, 0, 0, 3, 0, 0 Rt Strake Fwd
    point.3 = 4, -8.285, 1.158, -6.426, 2200, 0, 0, 45, 0.5, 2.5, 0.891, 0, 0, 3, 0, 0 Rt Strake aft
    point.4 = 4, -3.265, -14.171, -5.159, 2200, 0, 0, 0, 0.5, 2.5, 0.891, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0 Lt Wingtip float
    point.5 = 4, -3.265, 14.171, -5.159, 2200, 0, 0, 0, 0.5, 2.5, 0.891, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0 Rt Wingtip float

I suggest you use ailerons during the turn to keep you wings level and avoid dragging the onboard float too much. Also keep speed under control or you’ll be swimming home.

Thanks for the hack. I was thinking the same thing (e.g., invisible water rudder) but didn't know how to do it.

In researching the N3N-3 float I came across this video which you've likely seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRakmf8b0sY

Notice it has a water rudder - which I hadn't seen on others.
    -- WH

Thanks for the hack. I was thinking the same thing (e.g., invisible water rudder) but didn't know how to do it.

In researching the N3N-3 float I came across this video which you've likely seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRakmf8b0sY

Notice it has a water rudder - which I hadn't seen on others.
    I had not seen that video. Clearly the addition of the water rudder was done after its military service and probably to improve the water taxi performance. Thanks for that none the less.

This is fun to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4eBDnPZ00Y

A real N3N-3 on the water video not BW but now. Oops didn't see this was the same video as above. I have the actual Navy POH for both the -1 and the -3 but they do not do anything for the float version just the land version.
    Last edited by tgycgijoes; July 31st, 2022 at 13:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4eBDnPZ00Y

A real N3N-3 on the water video not BW but now. Oops didn't see this was the same video as above. I have the actual Navy POH for both the -1 and the -3 but they do not do anything for the float version just the land version.
    Yeah, it's Part 2 of what I posted. The first half is a repeat of Part 1.

What I noticed is that the rudder was unpainted in the first video, and painted in the second. Still nice to watch.

BTW - are you planning any more repaints?
    -- WH

Members who have read this thread: 0