Anyone know what this is like? Aerosoft F5 Tiger

Thread: Anyone know what this is like? Aerosoft F5 Tiger

Anyone know what this is like? Aerosoft F5 Tiger

FlyLogic - Fly the Tiger X (FSX+FS2004)
    Saw this over at SimMarket, any have it or know of a review? I'm keen to get a jet and would like have something of this vintage or older - any suggestions?
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexdoggy View Post
    FlyLogic - Fly the Tiger X (FSX+FS2004)
    Saw this over at SimMarket, any have it or know of a review? I'm keen to get a jet and would like have something of this vintage or older - any suggestions?
    Buy the Fly the Tiger X or get Piglet's free F-5. Stay away from the Alphasim model.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Blog Entries
    Hi Dex,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    I have this aircraft and I think it is the best military aircraft available for FSX. I consider it to be as good as Cloud9's F4 Phantom was for FS9. <o></o>
    Defiantly worth the money, you get two installers, one for FSX and one for FS9.<o></o>
    My only complaint is that (I think) there is a formation flying mission in the mission pack for the FS9 version but that mission appears to be excluded from the FSX one.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    Ian<o></o>
    <o></o>

I have it, and it is OK , but Skysim Hawk T.MK1 is a much better model for FSX.
    Ernie

It uses the same mapping as the freeware DSB F-5E so all the external textures will work That said, the external model was originally made for FS8 standards by DSB and rebuilt to FS9 by Flylogic and now updated the FSX. The VC is a work of art. The only probelm I found was one of the sidewinder rails were anamated with the flaps...not that realistic but an interesting bug (or concept for off-boresight target tracking ). I never did get around to trying to alpha out the dorsal antenna to make it more authentic for the US F-5Ns . I'm a bit partial as I love all F-5s/T-38s but this is the best in my hanger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hmmm, food for thought! Thankyou all for your comments, I will see what I come up with! I am leaning toward it though!
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

Videre Vincere Est

Cool

If you refer to the Flylogic F5-E;

It is a great bird, flies really good en looks excellent (both VC and exterior).
    The package contains many livery's and some variants, all eyecandy!
    Only one bug in it, to which i have not seen a patch yet: the model with the centerline tank and the two aim-9's at the wingtips has a small problem. When increasing flaps, the port side Aim-9 points downward with it. Really strange view :isadizzy:. Already adressed the developers about it.

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

I emailed Flylogic and they said they would look into it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IIRC there were some issues that were raised by others that the certain textures did not belong with certain models, the USN version being one of them.

VCN-1

Quote Originally Posted by simkid22 View Post
    It uses the same mapping as the freeware DSB F-5E so all the external textures will work

Purchased today aerosoft download version
    note: in the Irissimulations forum in texture section is a paintkit:ernae:
    will do a few repaints in the future for both the flylogic payware / DSB Freeware F5 Tiger

BR
    Tom

Charter Member 2016
    Out of curiosity, not to start an Alphasim-bashing fest!!!, what is wrong with the Alphasim F-5? I have been looking at it, thinking about getting it...
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Quote Originally Posted by EMatheson View Post
    Out of curiosity, not to start an Alphasim-bashing fest!!!, what is wrong with the Alphasim F-5? I have been looking at it, thinking about getting it...
    IIRC the issue was the FDE not being correct according to some members. Like you I am not trying revive the AlphaSim bashing either.

VCN-1

exterior look and inside look of the alphasim version is excellent the only point to complain is maybe the flightmodel (I am not in favor of one of the models since I have both alphasim and flylogic Tiger and fly both of them )

the pro for flylogic tiger is that you can easily use the single seater repaints for the freeware DSB F-5 Tiger which dramatically increase the number of repaints

BR
    Tom

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EMatheson View Post
    The one I own can't get to proper speeds and climbs at about half the published rate. I think the model is flawed.

However, to be fair. Someone here who was involved in the beta claimed it met all of the published flight profiles. I never could get to do so.

Also, the VC is very limited on switches that work.

Of all the aircraft I have ever bought, this is the only one where I consider that I wasted my money. I have never bought an Alphasim product since then.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

Flylogic :

The Flylogic FSX F-5E is the best on the market
    Take a look at the two videos on this web page
    "Promo"
    and
    "Animation of nose gear extension"
    http://www.flylogicsoftware.com/site/frameset_en.htm

There is also two FSX Adventures on the package :
    - Emmen Swiss Air Force Base including the specific hangarettes
    we can find on Swiss Air Force air bases.
    - Axalp Swiss Air Force Range

Axalp is the most difficult mountain firing range in Europe.
    It separate Children to Men !!!

All repaints available for the DSB/Iris F-5E can be seamlessly
    transferred on the Flylogic F-5E.

Alphasim :

The Alphasim F-5E repaint of the Swiss Air Force is totally wrong :

The Swiss roundels are wrongly sized and wrongly positionned.
    The large red trilingual Ejection Seat Triangle have wrongly
    a white outline !!!!

Alphasim have tendency to make very easy to spot mistakes like that
    and not correct them .......

....... Just like the Us Made Vietnam Era helmet on the pilot of their
    FS9/FSX Saab Gripen.

All Gripen pilots are using the same Swedish made very distinct helmet.
    AlphaSim never correct it even after a full year of requests from me !

This is not Alphasim Bashing
    This is reality !
    :typing:
    VaporZ

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    OK, i think i got all of them Tigers, all but Alphasim, a friend gave me for my birthday the flylogic F-5, and here are some comments on it..from a developerīs point of view:
    The VC is awesome, one of he best iīve seen and definitely, the best for a F-5, clickability and ingenuity is very surprising, most of what you get there does something, and since iīm a baad manual reader, i still havenīt been able to turn on the HUD or the radar, and honestly, dunno if they work for real..
    Now the bad parts (which there are):
    AT LEAST WITH THE COPY I GOT:
    The zoom out view, honestly (and this is me) itīs very annoying, having to fully zoom in in the external view to get a decent close view of this excelent aircraft, gets to my nerves and kills the inmersion, itīs not present in all the models, but in most...the solution must come from flylogic, and is this one:guys, there is an out of scale part in the hiearchy, hunt for it,sacle it properly and problem solved (dunno if there is already a patch/fix for this).
    The EHUD/Sidewinder flap...my favorite model off the series of models availables are agressor tigers, USN, there is one with a EHUD in one wingtip and an AIM-9 in the other, now, everytime i put my flaps down, the EHUD rotates with the flaps....once again,easy fix, and dunno if there is a fix for this already.
    Other than that..itīs a great package and they have IMHO, the ultimate F-5, and deserve itīs space as a great comercial development, i recomend it, itīs not cheap but worth.If youīre not a complete F-5 freak, get the Pigletīs series, freeware, and honestly (based on what iīve seen and read) surpases other develpments but this one (flylogicīs)
    All this, of course, IMHO.

Prowler

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prowler1111 View Post
    OK, i think i got all of them Tigers, all but Alphasim, ...
    Other than that..itīs a great package and they have IMHO, the ultimate F-5, and deserve itīs space as a great comercial development, i recomend it, itīs not cheap but worth.If youīre not a complete F-5 freak, get the Pigletīs series, freeware, and honestly (based on what iīve seen and read) surpases other develpments but this one (flylogicīs)
    All this, of course, IMHO.

Prowler
    Now Ron, what would you know of developing aircraft?

:costumes:

I agree with you on Piglet's F-5. He did a good job on getting the handling down.

One of the biggest complaints I have had of most F-5/T-38 aircraft is the extra sensitive twitchyness they have seemed to have. The real T-38 was capable of slamming your head against the side of the canopy with its quick roll rate. But, it wasn't twitchy. Piglet was the first to come with a model that IMO handled like I would expect the F-5 to handle.

The Flylogic F-5 and the Alphasim's version also handle well. But, Piglet was the first. I have thought that if you could put Piglet's flight model (tweeked for the larger engines and model difference) into the Flylogic F-5, aircraft you would have the perfect F-5.

This is not to take away from the Flylogic handling. It is very good. I am just partial to Tim's.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Came across this old thread looking for the DSB F-5E paint kti. Does anyone still have a working link to it?

Thanks!