F-8 crusader & F-5 tiger II

Thread: F-8 crusader & F-5 tiger II

anbu

F-8 crusader & F-5 tiger II

theres is a show i watched called "area 88" and the main character flew a crusader and when that got shot down he flew a tiger II. i found downloads of them on simviation but i don't think they are very good. anyone know of any nice crusaders and tiger II's?

For the F-8 Crusader go on flightsim.com and look up 'crusader.zip'. When you run the installer make sure it actually goes to your fs9 folder; it seems to default to a different spelling. Otherwise just extract to a dummy folder.
    As for the Tiger II I'm not sure if IRIS or DSB did a freeware release or not. I know DSB did an F-20 however. As for my own personal preference I know our own Piglet did a great F-5A Freedom Fighter. As far as I know there are no Area 88 repaints for either aircraft but who knows, someone might oblige at some point.:d

anbu
    ok, thank you.
    you mention the repaints, have you seen area 88?

Anime Adoring Aviator
    I watched fansubs of the series and the OVA it was based on. I want the OVA on DVD but ADV only did an R1 release

The only Area 88 repaint that I know of is for the FSD T-38.

If you liked Area 88 you may also want to watch Yukikaze for some Sci-Fi fighter action.

anbu
    i saw the 12 episode remake and it was pretty amazing.
    i got a tiger 2 from alphasim and i like it alot and i here theres a crusader but i didn't look to hard for it.
    i'm looking into learning how to make repaints so i can do it myself and upload them but i think its going to be harder than it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by anbu View Post
    ok, thank you.
    you mention the repaints, have you seen area 88?
    I have the OVA's on VHS, raw, no dub or sub. Got them in '89. I now have them on DVD as well as the series. Good story line and excellent A2A scenes, hard to belive the OVA's were hand drawn.

As for a re-paint, I think there is one of Shin's F-5 at Simviation. You'll have to look around but I know I saw one at one of the major sites a long while back. It might be for FS2002 though.

If I have some time I'll look at the OVA and try to at least do the F-5. The hardest part would be the unicorn on the tail. I myself would like to see Mickey's Tomcat.:cost1:
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

anbu
    thanks, that would be pretty cool.
    i seen mickeys tomcat last night on a forum. heres a link to it

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=8594

Seen that one over there, however it's for the Strike Fighters series of games.

BTW, there is an X-29 in Shins personal markings at Flightsim.com.
    AO1 USN Retired

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance

anbu
    i found a skin for shins F-5 and it says its for fs2004 but the plane its for is from fs2002.
    i got an F-5 from alphasim, is there anyway i can use this skin i got on it?

anbu
    i took a bunch of still shots from the anime of shins planes. if anyone wants to take a look at them to make repaints, please let me know and i'll put them up.

Attachment 63874

Attachment 63875

If the Fs2002 plane was made with 'GMax' 3-d modelling software,
    then it will most likely also work in Fs2004

I'd say about 85% of Fs2002 (or CFS2) aircraft and/or ships,cars etc do work in Fs2004; as do most Fs2002 scenery files

ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by anbu View Post
    i took a bunch of still shots from the anime of shins planes. if anyone wants to take a look at them to make repaints, please let me know and i'll put them up.
    I found the Unicorn marking for Shin's birds so I'll take a shot at the F-5/F-20 airframes. It'll take some time. I also posted on an anime/manga/Otaku forum requesting some shots. Hopefully between here and there some decent we'll ahve some good references to work with.
    AO1 USN Retired

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance