From my walk yesterday

Thread: From my walk yesterday

SOH-CM-2024

From my walk yesterday

Old defunct White Mill with covered walk over bridge and dam. The old covered bridge was build on a slight grade, so that the forks lift carriers (they were hand drawn in old days) could be pushed or pulled up empty and have a slight downgrade when fully loaded. It is listed as the longest span covered bridge in the USA, sad fact is, it's going to be razed. White Mill, however, is completely being rebuilt for jobs that are hush, hush, at least to the local populace. I care not, they are jobs and the poor city of Danville,VA is ranked 363 out of 366 metropolitan areas in the USA. Ironicly, Daville, IL is number 366. Maybe we should both change the name.

Caz

No HDR, even stormy lighting. A little adjustment of levels in Photoshop. Pentax isTDL DSLR, 18-mm lens setting, manual focus, Aperture Priority, ISO 100, 1/60th-sec @ f/22. Tripod mounted.

Deterioration

Icon5

Exercise & fun all wrapped in one

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Exercise & fun all wrapped in one
    Don't get me wrong, because I love my bike. But weather is not always hospitable for biking and that's where walking comes in. Walking is all it really takes, at least an hour each walk three times a week. I do more, but that's all people need to do. If they stuck to that regimen and simply ate right, by that I mean in quanity more than the type of food, people simply eat too much of the food they eat. Weight and heart conditions would surprise many after only 90 days. It will take others longer walking to work off weight, but it is healthier than trying to really burn it off running or doing so other stressful exercise.

And walking is just plain fun, you're really in no hurry, you meet other people, you can stop and take pictures, smell the fragrances, hear and see the birds and other wild life, I swear I could even taste the fried chicken aroma yesterday coming from Old Dutch.

And who in the world would have thought they would walk up on a phenomena such as this in downtown Danville, VA? The MGB-GT is owned by Mr. Robert Hairston of the Old Dominion British Car Club, whom I know, the Ferrari just happened to pull in and park beside his MGB-GT. You just never know what you might see on a walk, mine yesterday was four miles.

Caz

Blog Entries
    OH NOOOOoooooooooo, Say it ain't so, Caz.

A HARD top MGB! :isadizzy:

First car I ever owned was a MGB. Loved that little car. I learned you can do it in a MGB with the top up. If you can do that, you can do it anywhere.

Caz, I agree with you on the benefits of walking and eating less. Unfortunately, I do too little of one and too much of the other.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

ooooooooooh a 575 Maranello, my dream car! and Jmig i helped restore an MGBGT (MGBGT always denotes the hard top) and MGB (Denoting Soft Top) you're right on the 'can do it anywhere' there ain't much space, but once mastered well... it's an art buddy, i have an MX-5, Mazda Miata (It's US Name) these days thats a challenge, planning to drive it from Birmingham here in the UK to Athens in Greece at some point in the future to raise funds for charity

Caz, great shots, love the 'Deterioration' especially, it shows "what once was is not forgotten" theres art in everything around us in this world...