I'd rather walk!

Thread: I'd rather walk!

I'd rather walk!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4sA-Hk_jnPg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4sA-Hk_jnPg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

tigisfat
    That must've been a strong storm to produce those kinds of effects without actually going through it. What is this? A KC-135? I guess it's gotta be a 135 because he said "boom" and there aren't any glass cockpit KC-10s that I'm aware of.

MCDesigns
    HOLY CRAP! I would have needed several pairs of new underwear after that flight.

Getting a shaken Vodka Martini has never been so easy. :d

Charter Member 2015
    Yep... KC-135 is my guess too...4 engines

A massive fuel filled tube being bombarded by electrical strikes....not scary in the least!! :isadizzy:
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

The only time I thought I was going to blow junks while flying was on a 135 flying into Andrews AFB. The turbulence was crazy. The smoothest landing was also on my last KC-135 ride. The base commander was piloting and set it down so soft at O'Hare that I didn't realize we had touched down.

It is indeed a KC 135.
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

The worst ride I ever had was on a C-5. the crew was doing inflight refueling drills with a KC-10. The #2 engine on the 10 was blowing right on the tail of the C-5, even the loadmasters were getting green.

I think they would've had to, shall we say, replace my seat cushion after that flight. Ditto on MC's underwear comment. :d

harleyman
    Nope...

This old boy used to love turbelence....

not any more......

to see all that electrical discharge in the cockpit ......

I would have popped my heart right then and there..No question about it..

I would have been petrefied !!!!!

tigisfat
    here's an idea that most pilots don't think of......TURN AROUND. You say your only option is a storm the ahead to the left and Iran ahead and to the right? At minimum, that's 90 degrees of possible paths unaccounted for. Of course we weren't there and don't know what was behind him, but since he came from that way and the way ahead scared him, it couldn't be as bad as pressing on.

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    here's an idea that most pilots don't think of......TURN AROUND. You say your only option is a storm the ahead to the left and Iran ahead and to the right? At minimum, that's 90 degrees of possible paths unaccounted for. Of course we weren't there and don't know what was behind him, but since he came from that way and the way ahead scared him, it couldn't be as bad as pressing on.

That option could have caused problems for the guys waiting to tank from him?
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

tigisfat
    Quote Originally Posted by kilo delta View Post
    That option could have caused problems for the guys waiting to tank from him?

They would have the same problem if the thunderstorm unceremoniously ATE the KC-135.