New Beech 17 and Beech 18 rebuilds

Thread: New Beech 17 and Beech 18 rebuilds

Crashwoody1

New Beech 17 and Beech 18 rebuilds

I have been collecting data on these 2 air craft for 4 years so I can "Fix" my Beeches and make them the best Ones around.

I have 3000 Pictures I have collected, over 300 Panel pictures and hundreds of gauge pictures. Tons of liveries and so much material on the 18 AND 17 that I can literally make the up date turn that old pile of junk ...2 peices of junk that i released back when i was just learning this stuff into 2 mega detailed planes.....

Then I might as well retire.. to many kids to little time....... not retire from fligth sim but just from regretting over these 2 addons..lol this time we will get them right. The models are awesome Rhino 3d models so its a good start.

Will keep you up to date on these 2 addons with many pics and many new posts.
    Im makeing a web page just for these 2 planes of mine.

Tom/Crashwoody

Sounds good Tom, look forward to seeing updates.

Better? WOW! They are wonderful now. Thanks in advance.
    Ed

Fantastic, Tom. I'd even be willing to pay again for these two full updates!

Be sure and post your update website when you get it up.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Crashwoody1
    It took me years to get the data I needed to be able to have Beech 18 set up with the 5 differant interiors, 3 diffrant panels and vcs and the 30 liveries that will go into the rebuild.
    I really want Tom to do the air files as I know
    then it will as perfect as possible.

For the Beech 17 I have around 4 differant panels and 4 differant vcs and a simular number of liveries, and new sounds.
    I neeed to find a new set of sounds for the beech 18.

The way my time for flight sim goes for this hobie it takes me alot of work. So My wife will decide if this goes out for free or pay... she is ok with me doing this stuff and spending tons of time on it but cant get her head around the free ware deal... so we will see how it sits at release time.
    If it dose go out for pay it will be low cost nothing stupid or any thing like that.

I will tell you this, they will shock you when you see the differance. I literally went around the globe looking for source, I even went to the junk yard and found an old 18 and climbed all over it for hours takeing pictures I mean right down to the rivit size and look and pattern...lol. I will retain the models as mauch as I can as they are stiing each at around 60k (thousand) in polies which by todays standard is pretty low. This will keep them running in good frame rates but they have enough built into them that I can get the detail to an amazeing level. Every thing will be from real photos, very little hand painting will be done on these, just in areas that I could not find source, but then I have 10 thousand material textures so I can get a photo real texture for those parts.

When they were 1st built, 60 thousand polies was unheard of, people were trying to get planes on the market for around 35k because the machines 5 or six years ago just couldnt run the addons that were any higher. But we released at 60+k and they didnt run as well for folks. Also the textures are so low in quality, at the time how ever they were real good, but we had to skimp on the that too just to ge tthe plane to run at 20 fps.
    the panel was a desaster.. OMG! WONT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THAT.
    But at the end of the day it sold alot of down loads and people still to this day love those 2 beeachs. I later put them out for freeware as I know I was going to completely re do them so People may as well get the main model and its something to fly while i worked ou the real release. So I figger they have enough built into them and they are still loved enough to bring them up to date with what the new computers can handle and make them the way I always envisioned.
    This will be and best Beech 18 an 17 package around.

The up date will be in one all inclusive down load of and estimated 700 megs to 1 gig down load for each addon, the Beech 17 & 18 will be set up separatly. If this goes commercial It will be sent out on dvd as well as down loads. I will set up some missions with them as well and even some sceneries. like an old air port with vintage building and stuff like that, make this a real nice expansion type addon. Sceneries will be separate down load as well... things tend to get big around here....lol! So start saveing your band width. lol

Will work in fsx as well.

Tom/Crashwoody

beech

Hi tom great looking forward to your aircraft

It sounds great. I would for be happy to buy these if they are payware aircraft.

Ed