CS Tiger

Thread: CS Tiger

CS Tiger

Well, I know it's been around a while but with Captain Sim having their sale on I had to do it. :d I only had time for a quick flight from Victoria to Vancouver last night but I was smiling ~ just love the Tiger Meet paint scheme:

Retired SOH Administrator
    Looks good to me Nice shots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Blog Entries
    You talked me into purchasing. :costumes:

I had through about buying the Xpack several times but, didn't care for the F-117. On sale, I did.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Here's one more.

OK, for those who would like a more subdued CF-18/B in their hanger you can grab Dave (Dax) Sweetman's great standard paint scheme for the CS F/A-18D over at Avsim (filename = xload_rcaf_fa-18d.zip).

Dave if you frequent the SOH forums than please accept my hearty thanks for the nice addition.
    :ernae:
    Cheers,
    Rick

Nice shots mate!
    Can confirm the XLoad is great fun to fly!

chinookmark
    Is Xload worthwhile if you already have Acceleration?

Quote Originally Posted by chinookmark View Post
    Is Xload worthwhile if you already have Acceleration?
    I guess that depends on how much you like F-18s. First, you need Acceleration to use XLoad because both the XLoad aircraft use the MS F-18's VC. It will install in standard FS X but then you get no sound or cockpit in either aircraft. If you want the dual seat F-18 in your hanger or the ability to have a F-18 model showing external stores (which can also be removed or selectively altered with one of the control panels) then I'd say "yes". If you were looking strictly for a F-117 then honestly I'd say "no" ~ not because the exterior isn't nice (it is) but because it doesn't include its own VC. I wanted the F-18D with that sharp looking Tiger Meet paint scheme so I considered the F-117 exterior model just a nice bonus.

Blog Entries
    If you are European, you will get four new paint schemes. I was disappointed in the paints. Not one of the two seater models is American. Also, the cockpit is still the A model.

You also get six or eight missions. Most are out of Cold Lake, Canada. Two are US Carrier fleet.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Paint can be fixed. :d The same fellow who did the 410 Sqn standard paint also did some US paint schemes. Here's the link to "VMFAT-101 The Cag's Bird":

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=124763

but search the Avsim FSX library for Dax as there's four or five more US F-18D schemes near the end of the search results.

Cheers,
    Rick