Solution for low framerate(FPS), Lag spikes under Windows 7

Thread: Solution for low framerate(FPS), Lag spikes under Windows 7

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    I am not sure if it will......But I take it should, as it deals with the lag and stutter in the computer....
    Give it a try, and let us know.....Record what you change, incase it does not help, you will be able to change it back.....

I know with my system it helped a lot, I have even been able to adjust my settings higher, and still have a smooth system.....
    On another note.....

I have also noticed that the LOOP in the sounds are less noticeable......
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Thanks for reposting this tip trucker17.

I found the original post by Daniel Cziranku, and it would seem it's not FSX specific, but has helped other sims/games too!

I tried it on my vintage Asrock Dual 939 Sata2 system (Athlon X2 4400 oc'd, 3GB RAM, Radeon 4850 HD, SB Audigy Platinum), and it seemed to make a big improvement over what I had before.

No more spikes, stutters, or large fps drops, which I was experiencing before in FSX. (Acceleration in DX10 preview, w/DX10 Scenery Fixer).

I took up the RealAir Spitfire over the older Godzone Wanaka scenery, and for the first time, the flight was smooth and good. Even TrackIR seemed smoother!

I did notice though that the sound would break up and 'crackle' for a bit when switching views, but this seemed to die down after a while.

I think it might also have helped the times when FSX sound engine gets 'confused', and plays the wrong engine samples after changing views.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for posting that tip here.

Even though I have no fps issues running FSX under Windows 7, with thanks to the well known tips from Boyote and Kosta, I will certainly give it a try. I can always reverse the modifications (I always make copies of files before altering them!)
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Sounded good to me - first thing I noticed was no Audio service. Tried restoring the changes but still no audio. This been a problem for anyone else?

Blog Entries
    I have not had any problems with it.
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

No problems here, but no noticable improvement either.

Interesting, but for what it's worth - why not just open Windows Services and disable it through it's properties? It's normally set to "Automatic", but Windows stops it running anyway, when it's not needed by any Multi-Media apps, so I have no idea why removing it should make any difference to fsx.

pj

i7-4790K@4.8 gig, using EK-Supreme HF waterblock, LG 43" 4K; MSI 2060; 32 gig G.Skill Trident GTX @2400; Win 10-64; Homebuilt cockpit; MD-80-style throttle quadrant; TrackIR5

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    Sounded good to me - first thing I noticed was no Audio service. Tried restoring the changes but still no audio. This been a problem for anyone else?
    See above ^^^^^^^

Members who have read this thread: 5