Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
I was stationed in Corpus in 75-78 time frame and VT-28 was home based there back then. News to me that they were at Alameda.
For the past hour I have been trying to resond to this after spending a half hour with more internet searching for information I based this on. I am mad because Adobe Acrobat imo is junki compared to the old free reader. Of course you know my opinion about Windows 10 in general. Anyway, I am not mad at anyone on here but on Adobe and Microsoft but I am sure they could care less. Anyway, after trying to post a copy of what I found which I found with new pdf's is impossible, here is what I finally found out and you are right and I am wrong about VT-28 being stationed at NAS Alameda. However, they seem to have flown training flights to there and I am sure returned from there back to NAS Corpus Christi. Here is a link to the photos:

https://www.airhistory.net/operator-unit/750/VT-28

From the Declassified January 1973 NAVAL TRAINING COMMAND STATIONS LISTING FOR CORPUS CHRISTI TEXAS:

Furnished limited support to:
NALF Waldron
NALF Cabaniss

Permanent Naval Units (Non Reserve)
VT-27 36 TS2A 1 US2B TRAWING FOUR
VT-28 36 TS2A 1 US2B TRAWING FOUR
VT-29 10 T29B 2 TC117D TRAWING FOUR
VT31 38 TS2A 2 US2B TRAWING FOUR

So that's it! When VT-28 was photographed at NAS Alameda it was a mission not an assignment. The picture above WAS taken at NAS Alameda. It must have been some kind of a formation training exercise. Obviously, 50 years later it would be very surprising if any records exist unless it's in a lost logbook of one of the pilot's. They DO surface once in a while.
When I was collecting uniforms on ebay 20 years ago for my online business, I got a complete set from a WWII pilot and his logbook from the 1930's was in it, so cool. I have it packed away somewhere. I sold off all the uniforms when we moved but I kept that and an the E6B mechanical computer which I actually learned when studying to be a private pilot in the Navy Flying Club until we pulled out for Vietnam. I got more for the MaeWest than all his uniforms. All of them went to one collector like I was. Well, that's the name of that tune.