John, I sort of got that vibe too. My dad was a big Humphrey Bogart fan, so I know most of his movies quite well (my granddad even happened to be Bogart's mailman in the mid-late '40s).

Denny, getting into the numbers can be quite convoluted. Beechcraft built a ton of them during World War Two for the US military, with several different variants for both the USAAF and US Navy, however Beechcraft didn't build any new ones for the US military after 1945. All of the examples that served with the USAF and US Navy in the 1950s and 1960s were examples that had originally been built during World War Two, and then continued on in service and were re-manufactured by Beechcraft in the early 1950s (as I understand it, the only completely new military examples of the Beech 18 built by Beechcraft after World War Two were for the French and the Netherlands). That is the reason too that with all of them that survived, they have as many as two, three, or even four or more designations that apply to them - from whatever they were when originally built, to if they underwent any upgrades or modifications during WWII (such as the F-2 photographic version), if they were re-designated after the formation of the USAF in 1947 (AT-7s and AT-11s became T-7s and T-11s), when they were re-designated when re-manufactured in the 1950s (all either becoming an SNB-5 or JRB-5 for the Navy and Marines, or a C-45H or C-45G for the USAF), and for those still in service in the early 60s, they were all re-designated once more due to the consolidation of the USAF/US Navy designation system (becoming either a UC-45J, a TC-45J, or a RC-45J, no matter what branch of the military).