UVW Mapping in Gmax tutorial series

Thread: UVW Mapping in Gmax tutorial series

Threaded View

UVW Mapping in Gmax tutorial series

There's a new tutorial series on UVW mapping in Gmax on FSDeveloper. (and if the library accepted bigger files I'd have it up here too...!)

In six parts, this tutorial series aims to get the beginning mapper going. Starts with the basics, introduces LithUnwrap for making templates and goes on to cover use of the UVW editor, mapping multiple objects simultaneously, use of material IDs to colour-code selections and grids for custom views. Making good use of texture space, distorting objects to simplify mapping and problems encountered are also covered.

The series is aimed at both aircraft and scenery builders. Building, aircraft and virtual cockpit examples are used.

Sample meshes and texture files are included together with the Quake III plugin, LithUnwrap and the Harlequin gmax source used in the tutorials. You also get to see a little of Milton Shupe's XA-38 Grizzly mesh (used with permission)!

I've tried not to repeat myself through the series, so if you're struggling with part 3 (for example) best to read parts 1 and 2 first.

You'll find the tutorials, resources and samples linked from the tutorial's Wiki page
    Last edited by hairyspin; October 8th, 2017 at 12:30.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 2