Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
I did not get a long enough flight in to really check it out as some of you have, unfortunately. I did in a short flight around my home airport, KMIW, Marshalltown, Iowa. Some observations, some of which have been covered by others.

Modeling is absolutely beautiful!! Red texture package is beautiful.

Ground handling is attrociuos! Tailwheel is far to active. Will try the setting to full castoring. Should fix it. It seems to be awfull heavy, spongy, top heavy on turns tho. Undamped spring suspension, yes, most of cause. Rudder power couldn't be checked because of tailwheel hooked to it, and set to strong. cfg problem.

I want to try setting my seat just a little higher. All the pics of the pilots seating position I've seen shows higher eye point.

Can anyone adjust radio from VC??? I can't move yoke enough to see it, let alone adjust it.

My sounds were nearly drowned out by wind noise once flying speed was reached. Tried lowering it's volume in both settings, and in Accu-Feel. Way irritating.

Take-off required a lot of rudder dancing, just like my R/C model does, (which TeiscoDelRay owns now, by the way.) Once airborne, it was on rails, also like the R/C model. Handling was smooth and positive. Very enjoyable. My only landing sucked, because I was trying to adjust radio during long approach, and got out of whack when the wife suddenly needed something during final. (Should have gone around. :mix-smi

Another flight when I get time will be much better, I'm sure. Glad I bought this one. Alabeo's models are all excellent, of the one's I have. Waco YMF, GEE BEE Z, Pitts, and now the Staggerwing. Looking forward to more.
You can click on the Yoke support and the Yoke disappears so you can see the radios.