Last year I made my own airport scenery for several local airports, for my friends and I to fly. I used Instant Scenery to build them all. Everything has been great, we fly them all the time.

Yesterday, they inexplicably disappeared (well, mostly disappeared). Everything on the field has gone back to default (all the crappy generic default buildings are back regardless of my exclusion zones) and all of my placed scenery objects are gone. Yet the funny thing is, all of the off airport details I added in the surrounding areas (like trees, telephone poles/wires, homes, etc) are all still there. At every airport, these off field objects remain, and are confusing me because they were part of the same scenery file that I had made.

When I reload the file in Instant Scenery, it shows everything still being there, and shows my exclusion zones just as I had them. But, the default buildings are staying there now.

The only thing I did yesterday (and this was right when it all happened) was install the latest version of the SOH F7F project. Don't see how that would have caused this, but prior to installing it everything was fine.

Any guesses? I checked the scenery library and all the sceneries are still active. Just to see if I could wake something up, I unchecked them, then re-enabled them. It does its little song and dance about building scenery files, so I thought that worked, but nothing is different. Should I uncheck the box about Emptying the scenery cache on exit?