Quote Originally Posted by Fnerg View Post
Correspondence with Blackbird now. Less turbulent. I've let them know the problems, and provided images. Yet to know if anything will be done to fix the polygons/verticies yet, but being treated now like I know what I'm talking about. We'll see...

Holister56 that looks great!

The reflection is controlled by the COMP texture as it relates to the ALBEDO. If you open the ALBEDO in PS and look under the Layers section on the right, you see that the image is split into 3 layers. Red, Green, Blue. In MSFS, Red is used for Ambient Occlusion ( shadow how it relates to the light direction in the sim) , Green for the smoothness (reflection), Blue is used to control the metallic ( white is pure metal, black is painted surface). So if you want less shine, you would have to lighten the grey value of the Green channel (for the green channel - Black is glossy - White is matt or no shine). Finding the right shade of grey takes a bit of time /trial and error if you are checking in the sim after each adjustment, but start around a value of 200 and try 10 degrees either side of that and see how that looks. Eventually you find a nice tone of grey that looks great in the sim.

There is more to it, like composing the 3 channels into a COMPLETE image in the right format an all, and I use GIMP which is similar to PS maybe less sophisticated, but works well for me. Recently I used Materialize to create the individual red/green/blue channels and compiled them into an COMP image using Gimp which worked well. It's a learned process, not long ago I was new to all this, but now I have a workflow that stays consistent when creating liveries. It just takes a bit of time to wrap your head around it.
Fnerg, very nice tutorial on composing and using COMP TEXTURES. Thanks for the input. Milton is also one of my heroes.