Hello all you talented painters. I need some help, please. I've gone through this process probably hundreds of times but have never run into this before.

I'm trying to create some new bumps and am getting “artifacts” in the final bump texture. Below you can see the before and after. The before is the generated texture using the nvidia conversion process which creates a “master” texture in bmp format. In PSP the master is split into three RGB textures. A few processing steps later the 3 RGB textures are then combined into a refined master with a separate ALPHA texture being produced in the process. That is what the BEFORE texture below is.

The AFTER texture is that same “BEFORE” texture that has been converted to DDS format along with the ALPHA texture, placed into the aircraft texture folder then loaded into the sim (FSX). The light and dark backgrounds around the rivets in the AFTER also appear in sim on the model and destroy the appearance of the aircraft in sim.

I’ve never run into this before and I have not been able to figure it out. Suggestions would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bump compare.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	93455