Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
I don't like these airports in real life, so why should I go there in the sim? Heathrow always manages to lose my luggage, I go to great lengths to avoid it...
Among other things, isn't that just what the sim is for ?... Go to places you'd never care or dare to go to in real live ?... Virtual Heathrow will *never* loose your luggage, you'll never have to wait for your ticket or be harassed by a misanthropic customs officer. And you can sit in the best seat on offer: the Captain's seat and fly the plane too. Try that at real life Heathrow..

Certainly not anymore but in the 'good old days' of FS one of my fav flights would always be Schiphol to Heathrow and vice versa with any sort of prop- or jet airliner, vintage or modern. Usually also to check out the umpteen's new FS version with my umpteen's new rig. I'd often buy the newest version of Heathrow, Schiphol, Frankfurt, LFPG, KJFK, KORD, KSFO etc and so on and usually accompanied by the newest version of the respective cities as well. 'To check out my new rig' always a good excuse but mostly just to have a look. Scenery builders used to love me... ;-)

Nowadays, with MSFS, that's not on the menu anymore of course and i, for one, am over the virtual moon with the look and performance of big cities and airports in MSFS. Still i'm a low and slow biplane flyer by heart. Doesn't matter, in our big beautiful virtual flying world you can have everything.