RCS B-25 Bomb Bay Doors

Thread: RCS B-25 Bomb Bay Doors

Threaded View

RCS B-25 Bomb Bay Doors

Hello all, I'm looking for some pointers here. I am running Roy Chaffin's B-25 in FSX and have a problem with the bomb bay doors. They are operated by the water rudder key but the animation is non-existent. They go from full closed to full open visual condition with no animation in between. I tried lengthening the retraction and extension time for the water rudders in the contact points section of the CFG. No go. I then imported it into MCX and saw a spot in the animation where the doors get about halfway, close a bit then continue to the full open position. There was a number out of sequence at point 72 on the animation key editor, so I fixed it and got it to where I no longer got the "quaternion not normalized" warning. I exported it and now the water rudder/bomb bay door animation works but my main gear are out of position, being about 70% retracted with part of the strut in a goofy position (although the contact point is in place as the plane sits fine on the ground). I tried a second run where I merely changed the animation title in the hierarchy editor from 'lever_water_rudder" to "l_spoiler key" and "r_spoiler_key" which had the bay doors working off of my spoiler button (complete with a dip in the animation due to the out of sequence number) but something is happening during export that causes the main gear to go wonky. (Also the entry ladders appear on the exterior of the aircraft in both cases.)
    Last edited by Josh Patterson; March 26th, 2023 at 19:44.

Members who have read this thread: 0