While my ability to fly and mod CFS3 remains a bit limited these days, I thought I'd try something different and start a series of posts aimed at helping people learn to fly and manage their aircraft better and more realistically. By way of personal background, I am a professional pilot and aircraft mechanic (or engineer, to use the more globally prevalent term) in real life. I certainly don't claim to be anything exceptional in those categories, and sadly, I have no warbird experience, but I thought it might be helpful to share some of the experience I do have here. I'm of the opinion that the more realistically you try to fly, using real world techniques, the more fun, rewarding, and even easier experience you will have. But that can be an intimidating road to start down, so I hope to provide some tools that will make it an easier and less intimidating goal to tackle. And even if you have no interest in it and prefer to keep it very casual, I think there may still be some material you will find worthwhile.

I think I will aim for a roughly weekly post, focusing on a small, bite sized skill or technique. Eventually, some of these may build on each other. I know there is a wide range of skill levels represented here, so I'm sure some may find it a bit basic, but all are welcome to comment, contribute, ask questions, or suggest topics. Sound like fun?