A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery Add-Ons

Description: Solomon Islands & Bougainville Scenery for CFS2 by UncleTgt

This is a reworking of the stock sceneries for the Solomon Islands & Bougainville area of the SWPTO. It is designed for use with Rhumbas mesh, but the scenery excludes provided should mean this works well in a stock mesh install too.
This scenery builds on & extends the areas covered in the recent "87 Days" release by Captain Kurt, but it should work as a stand-alone scenery as well.

Contents:
New Ground2K scenery for each, including fringing reefs.
New airbase scenery, made using FSSC.
New gsl infrastructure.
New custom Waterclass.
Some simple missions using the stock F4U-1A Corsair for viewing the gsl airbases & scenery

Malaita & San Cristobal Islands are not included. Maybe in the future....
The rivers on Bougainville, Choiseul & Santa Isabel have not all been "hand-flown" to match the LOD 8 mesh - it would take weeks more to do this!

Because the airbases line-up changed so dramatically I decided to create separate "time-specific" airbase scenery layers, each with their own gsl.

87 Days - the airbases active until the end of 1942

Solomons43erly - airbases active from the start of 1943 until the fall of Munda, circa JUL-AUG'43

Solomons43late - airbases active from the fall of Munda, leading up to the US landings at Torokina, Bougainville, OCT-NOV'43

Solomons44erly - airbases active post-Torokina landings

You can move between date ranges simply by deactivating/activating the relevant date ranges in the usual manner through the Scenery Library. You only need to exit the sim to change the GSL.

Credits
Thanks to:
Jean Bomber for his inspiration, advice & support. He talked me through getting to grips with G2K & more…
Maskrider for all his airbase packages & the blended airbase tutorial. This set the standard for airbase sceneries for the game.
Rhumbaflappy for the new more accurate world mesh – it was a desire to make best use of this development that is the driver for many of my scenery projects. He also developed the vtp1 fixer programme to fix display errors in vtp bgls compiled from Ground2K.
GavinC for his reworking of the stock airbases, making individual base reworking/ revision much easier
Shessi for his water textures, that were the inspiration for my reworking of Jimkos Pacific Blues, & indirectly lead me to develop this latest set of water textures.
Lindsay Watt for all of his scenery objects & innovations.
Wolfi for his scenery objects.
Xavier for all his scenery objects & airbase sceneries, opening up a larger world for us all to fly in
Martin Wright for all the various software tools that are so useful!
Russell Dirks for his EZ landclass programme, making large scale land/ water class adjustments possible
Christian Fumey for his excl8 & Ground2K programmes, making the creation of completely new scenery possible for CFS2.

UncleTgt
SEP 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Solomon Islands UT
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.