I have some questions for anyone who is running Windows 10.

After much research and creative hacking I’ve been forced to abandon my hope of building a brand new computer that would run Win7pro. My techie friend has determined that new motherboard architecture is just too new for Win7 and a later operating system is required. (Dave, I remember that you said months ago that it couldn’t be done. You were right.)

I test drove W11 on a friend’s computer and quickly determined that I would switch to Apple before I’d have a W11 rig, even if it meant abandoning my hobby. We’ll, that’s not necessary. While it’s no longer possible to buy a W10 computer, it’s still possible to transplant W10 to a new system and get a license for it. So I now have W10 running on a brand new rig, though I still have to buy a license. (Probably tomorrow.). Next will come a virtual machine to run W7 or XP, maybe both.

Once the new rig is complete and completely functional, the next step is to install all my software. I’m wondering which programs will run in Win10 and which ones will need to run in a VM. So can any of you who have Win10 tell me whether any of these programs work in it?

MS Office 97: Word and Excel. (I know Outlook 97 won’t, don’t care about Access or Power Point.)

Outlook 2010.

Paint Shop Pro 7

DXTbmp

Panel Studio

Sierra Snapshot Express

Do you recall any programs related to FS that you could no longer run when went to Win10 from Win7 or Win8.1?

Thanks for any input. This information will help me determine what VM(s) I should get, a decision that I should make probably by tomorrow or the next day. (Yeah, I know, I should’ve thought to ask this much earlier.). And yes, I’ll post this in both the FS9 and FSX forums.