GAS N3N-3 P3D Legacy FSXA Pre-release sale SOH

Thread: GAS N3N-3 P3D Legacy FSXA Pre-release sale SOH

Hybrid View

Thanks for the hack. I was thinking the same thing (e.g., invisible water rudder) but didn't know how to do it.

In researching the N3N-3 float I came across this video which you've likely seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRakmf8b0sY

Notice it has a water rudder - which I hadn't seen on others.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Thanks for the hack. I was thinking the same thing (e.g., invisible water rudder) but didn't know how to do it.

In researching the N3N-3 float I came across this video which you've likely seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRakmf8b0sY

Notice it has a water rudder - which I hadn't seen on others.
    I had not seen that video. Clearly the addition of the water rudder was done after its military service and probably to improve the water taxi performance. Thanks for that none the less.

This is fun to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4eBDnPZ00Y

A real N3N-3 on the water video not BW but now. Oops didn't see this was the same video as above. I have the actual Navy POH for both the -1 and the -3 but they do not do anything for the float version just the land version.
    Last edited by tgycgijoes; July 31st, 2022 at 13:00.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4eBDnPZ00Y

A real N3N-3 on the water video not BW but now. Oops didn't see this was the same video as above. I have the actual Navy POH for both the -1 and the -3 but they do not do anything for the float version just the land version.
    Yeah, it's Part 2 of what I posted. The first half is a repeat of Part 1.

What I noticed is that the rudder was unpainted in the first video, and painted in the second. Still nice to watch.

BTW - are you planning any more repaints?
    -- WH

More Repaints?

Yeah, it's Part 2 of what I posted. The first half is a repeat of Part 1.

What I noticed is that the rudder was unpainted in the first video, and painted in the second. Still nice to watch.

BTW - are you planning any more repaints?
    I will probably look at all my downloads and see if I find any that are interesting and not too similar to Paul's or mine.

The link for the discount will be extended until the weekend. By then the vendor network should have the model in their stores. Thanks to all who have supported us with your purchases. Know that we appreciate all this still using the legacy simulators and P3D. We’re doing another warbird trainer next. The Meyers OTW 160

I have tried to purchase using clicking on the credit card link, but no joy. Has anybody managed to buy it with the credit card link?

Regards Paul Day.

Quote Originally Posted by paul day View Post
    I have tried to purchase using clicking on the credit card link, but no joy. Has anybody managed to buy it with the credit card link?

Regards Paul Day.
    the purchase link should be taking you to PayPal and you can use a credit card there. Please PM me.
    P.S. just tested it checking out as guest and it went right through.

I will probably look at all my downloads and see if I find any that are interesting and not too similar to Paul's or mine.
    Lots of choices from what I see on Airliners.net, military and private schemes. Be curious as to what you find.
    -- WH

Did some searchin'

Lots of choices from what I see on Airliners.net, military and private schemes. Be curious as to what you find.
    I probably won't be doing any more repaints for the present. I looked online using Joe Baugher's registration for civil numbers and then at the blog but didn't see anything I really liked or thought someone else would like except for one which has a cowling over the engine. A ton of them were converted to crop dusters according to Joe B and a lot crashed.

I probably won't be doing any more repaints for the present. I looked online using Joe Baugher's registration for civil numbers and then at the blog but didn't see anything I really liked or thought someone else would like except for one which has a cowling over the engine. A ton of them were converted to crop dusters according to Joe B and a lot crashed.
    Too bad. I saw a few on Airliners.net with military and civilian schemes without a cowling that someone might take on. Unfortunately, I don't have the skills nor the time due to real life issues to even attempt creating an addon texture.
    -- WH

Members who have read this thread: 0