Good morning,

Shadow Wolf 07 and/or Dirtman alluded to the fact that I was back in the "body and fender shop" at the Mayo Clinic. I returned home on 11 July, and for the foreseeable future, no longer have to travel there after being a patient for three years and nine months. In that time, they reconstructed my venous system and put in seven stents so that I can continue to work and support my family, and I am extremely grateful for the experience. The most recent surgery was a venous ablation in my lower left leg; they went in with welding torches and soldering irons to burn and rewire some of the veins in my leg. (If I need to have this done again, I can go to the hospitals in Boston; this is a lot easier!) This has had a very positive impact on the skin ulcers, and I've also lost fifteen pounds since the beginning of the summer. I have a ways to go though.

I also had to fight a personal battle during that time, supporting a woman who ended up becoming my non-biological "sister," (because we bonded so closely) after confronting my narcissistic cousin about abusing her, because I noticed behavioral changes. I befriended her (with Erica's support) and after going through two years of hell recovering from the abuse, she recently started dating again. Erica and I couldn't be prouder. I've posted a few pictures from the last few years for you to enjoy...it was really sad on Sunday night when we said good-bye at her house, knowing we weren't going to see each other for much longer periods.

Now that I'm home, I don't return to work until 29 August, although the wife and I are taking a trip to Nova Scotia next weekend to enjoy some personal time. But this weekend, I'm largely focused on CFS2....it's good to be back; I'm not as rusty as I thought I would be!