A discussion on what DCS modules to purchase developed in the MSFS 2020 forum. A few thoughts.

I agree that the Flaming Cliffs module is a great first purchase. The F-15 alone is worth the price, and I (think?) you may get the Nevada/Nellis map with it.

As for Carrier Ops, unless someone really desires the F/A-18C, I suggest the free T45C be used for Carrier Ops until you are comfortable with traps. The T-45C, at least for me, is a lot easier to land on a carrier.

If you prefer to blow up sh..stuff the A-10 (paid version) is an excellent choice. If you need a fast mover, look into the F-16C. It too is excellent at blowing up things, both in the air and on the ground.

I have the F-86 and enjoy flying it in the pattern. I have not attempted any of the addon campaigns.

If you like the WWII era, the new Normandy map is excellent, and I have both the P-47 and P-51 to go with the two WWII maps. I have never survived a dog fight in the P-51. However, the graphics of getting your ass shot off are amazing.

I do not have any of the former Soviet aircraft. Having spent three years on nuclear alert during the Cold War, I have no desire to fly any USSR aircraft, but that is just me.

I do have the UH1 Huey, however, I have never tried to fly it. so, I can't say much about helicopters. I have read, however, that the flight models are excellent.

Just my thoughts.