Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
@ Daiwilletti. David, what's your opinion on installing BoB Alpha and MkI over your CFS3standard plus? I am thinking it might be an improvement , but on the other hand, the BoB install might remove a lot of those improvements?

I was looking at the preload xml to see what was involved. Seems to be all dds files, mainly effect related ones. What exactly can go in there?
Hi James, I think you are right, the Mk1 package would overwrite some files. I think better to put in some judiciously-selected files into the finished BoB Mk1 install.

I would stick in the master effects xml, all the weapons from my favourite install (so as to include tracer effects), and Ankors shaders. For those inclined as per Rince33, a quick trip to the Assets folder for whatever scenrey they like, will take a bit longer. However I like what Pat Pattle (Clive) is doing with photo scenery, I think that has legs and can continue to develop.

I also put in a bundle of files from the Assets folder which are common across most of my installs - things like meshbuilderbudgets, landclass.xml, scenery and texture budgets. And of course my tweaked uisel.xml in the Appdata pathway for campaign purposes. (only for the few with a taste for campaigns.

As for the preload.xml I have a lot of versions floating around - I think there is one specifically to go with Ankors shaders? Did MajorMagee do it?

FWIW