Greetings,

After much time and many misadventures, I'm back online. Among others disasters, the hard drive on my desktop died and I lost FSX, CFS2, and CFS3. The repairman was unable to save them. I'm very lucky I didn't lose all my data. Now, I did back up all my flight simulators. I had my complete installs copied to three external hard drives, all of which ended up failing. One was lost in a cellar flood. One I dropped, and the third was destroyed by cats. The drive with my music collection survived intact.

Things could have been worse. In the end I lost only my very latest downloads; I still had the vast majority of my installs copied to DVDs. I'll get everything backup in time. I successfully installed FSX on my new hard drive, and registered. I then installed Acceleration, seemingly successfully, but it would not register. I get an error message, "Error Code: 1-80004005". I have completely legal copies of FSX and Acceleration, and this error message did not occur when I previously installed the simulators. I'm wondering if anyone else got this particular error message, and if so, what they did to fix it. So far, other than the error message, the program seems to be unaffected, but then I also haven't had time to run the sim for any length of time, so there may be a nasty surprise in the near future. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

JAMES