Quote Originally Posted by aspen31 View Post
Hi
Not sure if this will be of much help. I haven't used this airplane for a while so had forgotten a lot about starting it although I remember older posts dealing with the issue.
I went to the airplane and initially couldn't start it either. I was however able to start with control + E and observe the switch positions. After that I went back to the panel and was able to start. I observed that the "gen" switch immediately to the right of the start is in the down position before start. There are 2 switches at the base of the throttle and propeller handles and they are selected to the right towards the right side of the airplane. These are a bit hard to see. Setting up like this I was able to do a manual start.
Hope this helps a bit.
Warren
Thanks for the tip. I was thinking to do the same thing you did with trying ctrl+e to observe the switch positions, but ctrl+e wouldn't even work for me.

It ended up starting once I moved the fuel selector. It was on both, but apparently I needed to move it to left and back or something, but anyway it works now no matter where the fuel selector is.