A2A T-6 @ Heron's Nest

Thread: A2A T-6 @ Heron's Nest

A2A T-6 @ Heron's Nest

Quite a challenge but do-able!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqj7awBTIao

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice!
    What is the scenery?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

I had fun with it last evening too and was about to make a video. Both runways are doable and it just fits in the hangar!

Great video!

Brilliant little Video .. best I grab that scenery as well

Nicely made! Did you have crash detection turned off? I always fly with it on and the tolerances - particularly taxiing even with a C185 - are quite tight, ie it is easy to get a crash just putting a wheel on the grass when turning around.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Nicely made! Did you have crash detection turned off? I always fly with it on and the tolerances - particularly taxiing even with a C185 - are quite tight, ie it is easy to get a crash just putting a wheel on the grass when turning around.
    I always have crash detection on. The first two landings I made there I ran off the other end & wrecked but I remembered seeing a video real taildragger landing on a sloped super short runway and how the pilot handled it. The same technique works in this case: planting the mains quickly and then applying brakes (gradually) with the stick pulled full aft. That technique stopped it every time but keeping it straight is the tricky part. That particular landing was one of the worst ones I made as I got into the differential brakes and rudder & fish-tailed a bit. Most of my other landings were nice and straight. One thing is for sure, both this model and the real T-6 is quite over-engineered in regards to ruggedness (being able to take a beating from a ham-handed student pilot). I ran a test just to see how much deliberate punishment this model could take, I ran around the field and full RPM/Manifold Pressure unrelenting for 10+ minutes, then landed deliberately slamming down on a single main gear, back and forth, stall-slamming the mains on, and it held up!!! lol Yes, the damage log was pretty full but I didn't manage to destroy it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's some fancy flying! I haven't tried the A2A Texan yet, but I'm hoping to soon. The landing was particularly high on the pucker scale! You've clearly got a good handle on the old bird.

Members who have read this thread: 0