Grumman C-1A Cargo Bush Plane

Thread: Grumman C-1A Cargo Bush Plane

Charter Member 2016

Grumman C-1A Cargo Bush Plane

As the civvie cargo version of the Grumman C-1A has recently been the topic of attention, I thought I would remind you of the existing work for the plane.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...98&linkid=5569

This livery was originally developed to be included in the release of the cargo model, but Milton became impatient with the time it took for me to complete my thorough retexturing of the rear fuselage interior and released the plane early, without this fictional livery. As the cargo version was a bit of an afterthought and was released with no fanfare in the midst of a hectic and busy time with the overall Grumman 7 project, I thought that the work never really got noticed amid the bustle. With Willy's recent texturing work on the C-1A Cargo version, the work I did on the interior becomes more relevant, as the existing models cargo bay is not detailed in any way. I therefore invite Willy and anyone else who is interested in texturing the plane to use my interior work with what ever modification is required - so long as it is credited.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7hMkcQY.jpg   GHdL9fe.jpg  
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

SOH-CM-2020
    A great sturdy beast for hauling boxes.

And .... don't forget Nigel's sounds .... a match made in heaven

Pete.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I always loved the Grumman Project. So many beautiful examples of inspired work from a multitude of talented folk here. It became a very worthy and welcome addition to ALL sims.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Blog Entries
    Willy has been doing some marvelous cargo hauler paint jobs, too.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Members +
    Sorry, I'm a late comer, Nigel's sound? Where may I find it?

Blog Entries

Very interesting little project...

Quote Originally Posted by EMatheson View Post
    As the civvie cargo version of the Grumman C-1A has recently been the topic of attention, I thought I would remind you of the existing work for the plane.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...98&linkid=5569

This livery was originally developed to be included in the release of the cargo model, but Milton became impatient with the time it took for me to complete my thorough retexturing of the rear fuselage interior and released the plane early, without this fictional livery. As the cargo version was a bit of an afterthought and was released with no fanfare in the midst of a hectic and busy time with the overall Grumman 7 project, I thought that the work never really got noticed amid the bustle. With Willy's recent texturing work on the C-1A Cargo version, the work I did on the interior becomes more relevant, as the existing models cargo bay is not detailed in any way. I therefore invite Willy and anyone else who is interested in texturing the plane to use my interior work with what ever modification is required - so long as it is credited.
    The cargo items are promising... in terms of a little "cosmetic surgery"... i.e.: bring the rest of the interior to the same level of detail...
    Perhaps the sidewalls and "nude" partial framework are a bit incongruent... (detailed boxes, extinguisher, etc.)... i.e. (partial framework showing but no visible longerons, wiring, etc.)
    Sort of... if one thing shows... so should others... bare sidewalls are sort of a the fly on a white wall... in reverse...
    A little "detailing" in this order would make the whole harmonize a bit more... My comments are just that... opinion... please do not take it as destructive criticism...
    I think I will work on it and make it available to you if you care to use it... (no need for credit on my part)
    Very nice idea...
    G.

Thanks for the reminder. I got busy painting Gee Bees and C-46 Commandos and forgot all about the bush cargo Trader.

Uploading it now.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Sorry, I'm a late comer, Nigel's sound? Where may I find it?
    It comes with all the Tracker, Trader, Tracer packages as far as I remember

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Members who have read this thread: 0