Dash 7 gauges

Thread: Dash 7 gauges

Dash 7 gauges

Hi, I decided to install the old faithful Dash 7 by Milton Shupe & many others. I downloaded both the pkgx version & the SOH version. All Ok until I went to fly it. I was informed that the DFD Flaps & PJD Hydraulic pressure gauges are from FS98 & no longer supported. I continued to load but found most of the engine gauges & others had black faces only & white needles. I don't seem to remember this happening before as I found the pkgx zip file on my PC. I am running FSX (not Steam) & Win 7. Any ideas & help appreciated. Regards, ChrisJD

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJD View Post
    Hi, I decided to install the old faithful Dash 7 by Milton Shupe & many others. I downloaded both the pkgx version & the SOH version. All Ok until I went to fly it. I was informed that the DFD Flaps & PJD Hydraulic pressure gauges are from FS98 & no longer supported. I continued to load but found most of the engine gauges & others had black faces only & white needles. I don't seem to remember this happening before as I found the pkgx zip file on my PC. I am running FSX (not Steam) & Win 7. Any ideas & help appreciated. Regards, ChrisJD
    Hi - although there were no replies to my post here, there was on Flight Sim. The answer is that there is no way the FS98 gauges can be used in FSX, It really is a crying shame that a superb aircraft that has a great deal of work put into it - particularly to make it run in FSX - that it is now of no use & may as well be removed from the download list. I am really disappointed about this as it was one of the first aircraft I flew in FS2004 & I have a soft spot for it. Regards, ChrisJD

I've just tried the "Dash7PkgX.zip" from the library here, and it works fine. No gauge errors, all the gauges are XML, not FS98 type.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    I've just tried the "Dash7PkgX.zip" from the library here, and it works fine. No gauge errors, all the gauges are XML, not FS98 type.
    Hi DaveWG. Yes - you are right. After a reply on Flight Sim I had another go at re-installing the SOH version (but I had tried both) I finished up with 3 working gauges - the rest black - worse than before. So I then installed it into FSX:SE - which I don't use much as my scenery, etc is on FSX. Guess what - worked perfectly!! All gauges there OK. So I have some problem with my FSX setup - time for a complete re-install, I think! Thanks for your help, anyway. Regards, ChrisJD

PS to this post. I went through my gauges folder & removed anything that said dhc7 or similar. Lo & behold - no problem with gauges when I loaded up the Dash 7. I assume that FSX looks in the gauges folder before looking in the aircraft folder & loads them first. if they are outdated then up comes the error message & black gauges. Live & learn! ChrisJD

That's interesting. I thought gauges in the panel folder took priority, but if it's working now, that's good.

Members who have read this thread: 0