Detailed Systems on Freeware Aircraft..?

Thread: Detailed Systems on Freeware Aircraft..?

Charter Member 2016

Detailed Systems on Freeware Aircraft..?

I just discovered* the wonderful Suprunov Design Yak-40 and the beautiful SCS TU-134a and have fallen rather deeply in love with them. The beauty of the model is matched by the detail of the systems modelling and the various logical systems...

So, I am curious to know if there are others in the same league as these that are freeware. I've got a new itch to scratch...

*I was aware of them, but finally got a computer that could run them...
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Project Tupolev tu154; Cbfsim de Havilland Trident.

Ttfn

Pete

The Caravelle models available from Historic Jetliners Group fit the bill. Although they lack VC's, they're very systems-intensive...and the 2D panels are excellent. One of the few FS planes I don't mind flying without a VC:

http://simviation.com/hjg/downloads.htm

As Motormouse mentioned, there's also the HS Trident - along with David Maltby's other outstanding classics, most notably the BAC 1-11 and Comet:

http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk/
    -Mark

SOH-CM-2023
    the Suprunov Design Yak-40 is now freeware?

Sean

The freeware Constellation / Super Constellation / Starliner series by Manfred Jahn, Volker Böhme & co. Truly amazing and very complete. Available at FlightSim.com.

Cheers,
    Maarten

There was also a YS-11, perhaps it was from Allied Flight Sim Group, that was pretty in depth for freeware. I know their Raytheon Beechcraft B300 Super King Air was really good for freeware. And let's not forget Manfred Jahn's Basler BT-67, although I think that was FSX only.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Blog Entries
    There is a very nice Ilyushin Il-18 that has a complex start-up procedure, VC, and passenger cabin. An Il-38 was released earlier by the same team.
    http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-air...n=download&hl=

There's also a 747 package out there - I believe it's the Ready For Pushback package. There's quite a bit modeled into that panel. Also, I think some of the HJG panels go into some depth.

Here's the RFP package:
    http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....ame=rfp_v2.zip
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

SOH-CM-2020
    Ready for Pushback Boeing 747 is now freeware .... at Flightsim.

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Jetliners
    FS2004 Ready For Pushback Boeing 747-200
    Name: rfp_v2.zip
    Size: 66,588,385 Date: 08-24-2007 Downloads: 11,793

FS2004 Ready For Pushback Boeing 747-200 v2; now freeware. Includes the analog panel, tape panel and seventeen aircraft. One of the most accurate and detailed jetliner models ever when it originally came out several years ago. By Ralph Tofflemire, Chris Koegler, Bodo Mueller and Herve Dongmo. (English language manual available for download as RFP_V2M.ZIP)

That's what happens when two people are posting at the same time!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Charter Member 2016
    Thanks for the suggestions. I was unaware that the CBFSim models had systems to go with their beautiful graphics! I'll have to give them a try. Keep the suggestions coming!
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    That's what happens when two people are posting at the same time!

Great minds think alike

Pete.

Couple more.... Rick Pipers HS748/780 Andover, Thomas Nilsson's Saab Draken,
    Isra's modified Mirage III, Samdims Tu114/126; Manfreds Constellation.
    Concorde by fsfrance.

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by jackryan172 View Post
    the Suprunov Design Yak-40 is now freeware?

Sean
    Read here -->http://nzff.org/viewtopic.php?p=8340...68567dfc9bed07

Ttfn

Pete

SectionF8 F-86E/F Sabre: http://sectionf8.com/ came to my mind.

J

Charles E. "Dutch" Owen's (FSCaptain) DC-3C for FS9 and FSX. A fundamental modification based on the default MS DC-3. There's also a version for Manfred Jahn's C-47 (for FSX, works with FS9 without operational inverter).

Realistic systems (circuit breakers, electrical drainage, working inverter) full start procedure (working primers), realistic dynamics (based on S1C3G engines), failure simulation (spark-plug fouling, engine fire, icing, overheat, mixture, flaps and gear overspeed) and emergency procedures (fuel/electrics/hydraulics cut-off, fire extinguisher)! Full flight Manual from Quebecair.

Some unsorted mentions:

Lonny Payne's MD-80 Panel set (ex payware) for SGA MD-8x (2D only). Very detailed. By the book. With authentic MDC 'Bitching Betty' cockpit aural warning system (CAWS).

Nicholas Weber's VERY, VERY, VERY extensive modification of David Maltby's Vickers VC10. 2D only but extremely authentic!

All planes by aforementioned David Maltby. Speaking of the British, have a look at the extensive hangar at CBFsim. Look especially for the Rick Piper panels for the Vickers' turboprops.

Caravelle, Noratlas and A300B by Benoît Gaurant. Extensive system simulation 2D only.

HJG's diversive DC-9 series. All essential systems (electrics, fuel, hydraulics, pressurization, APU, ERT/RAT performance computer). Based on Stellan Hilmerby's SAS DC-9-20/-40.

Fravin Cessna C150 Aerobat for FSX (there's a FS9 version too).

Speaking of the French, voilà the Restauravia planes. A complete Etendard IVP for carrier operations by Royalfrenchnavy. Mirage IVP, F-8E (FN) Crusader

Dino Cattaneo's military planes. FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet.

MiG-21F-13 & MiG-21MF by I. Jurcaga.

Outstanding Tupolev Tu-144D.

Alexander Belov's modification of Jens B. Kristensen's Ilyushin Il-12 & Il-14.

I was wracking my brain last night trying to think of this one! Get yourself any decent Avro RJ, then stick this in it:
    http://www.baepanelproject.com/Avroarj.htm
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 1