Really REALLY Want a systems intensive DH Mosquito - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really REALLY Want a systems intensive DH Mosquito

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    'In depth systems' on a Mossie?
    Steam gauges and not much else IRL.
    If I read Dougal correctly, what he'd like to see is an A2A/Accu-Sim grade Mossie, with all the machinery modeled in high fidelity (performance of individual cylinder heads, oil lines modeled and subject to ambient temperature, that sort of thing) so that it'd require some operational discipline to run. So not a Mossie with an FMC, more an in-depth systems airplane the way the A2A Cub is an in-depth systems airplane.

I agree it'd be nice to see something like an Accu-Mossie but since we're not likely to, I'm happy to check out Dave's, which I've managed to miss until now.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    ...what he'd like to see is an A2A/Accu-Sim grade Mossie,...

Yeah .. That's all we need. Then next time they release a GA plane, your $100 mosquito would break. ($200 if you fly in P3D also)

Pass ....

I'm with those that enjoy Dave's model. For what it's worth, it a dang nice bird, and free to boot.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Joseph, I realize you've got a longstanding feud running with A2A and you never pass on an opportunity to bash them, but let's not get this thread any further off topic. I wasn't saying that there ought to be an A2A Mosquito. I was mentioning Accu-Sim as an example (responding to Wombat's post) of how a simple-seeming, steam-gauge airplane could have intensive systems. There are other examples (Marcel Felde's 4X comes to mind) but A2A/Accu-Sim is well known and therefore useful as a kind of shorthand illustration. You cool with that?

Oh, and just to pre-empt any additional back-and-forth - yes, I buy A2A airplanes and post in their forums. I also buy other airplanes and post in other forums. I'm completely in favor of top-shelf freeware - go visit the thread about Jan's VVC for Manfred's C-47 if you're in doubt.

Off now to explore Dave's Mossie.

Over and out.

EDIT: Missed one point while reacting to your snark - I'm not sure what you mean by "break," I've never had an A2A aircraft broken by an update. If you did, maybe it comes down to system differences. I don't want to belabor (or even return to) a discussion of A2A, but I wouldn't want someone coming across your comment to think that your experience was universal.

Now, over and out, and this time I mean it...
    Last edited by Alan_A; February 24th, 2016 at 14:55.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

BOING. "Time for bed" said Zebedee
    I suspect Nick, that only the British and the French would 'get' that one
    Actually, I'm not even sure about the French. I seem to remember reading that Eric Thompson recorded the English version cold over the video track without listening to the original French sound.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Members who have read this thread: 0