Heron's Nest is out - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heron's Nest is out

Quote Originally Posted by spotlope View Post
    Awesome shots, guys! Keep it up, I'm loving them. As for the viva module's P3D3 compatibility, we're working on it. I just heard from the module's dev yesterday, and I think we're nearing a fix. Hang in there!
    Very good news! Here's a little video clip, winter flight in FSX.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

If you are running P3Dv3.1 and get the dll message, just click on "run once" and it will run just fine.

Yeah we know... but it keeps popping up each time we start... that's what I'm trying to get rid of.

Anyway, let's see if I can get my Legacy in here!

Yes it's doable... though landing is a little rough on the tiny lancair's gear

The turbocharged version makes takeoff easy

FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

I am having a mesh issue in P3D V3.1. I am using Meshman's LCS US mesh.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Quote Originally Posted by dexthom View Post
    If you are running P3Dv3.1 and get the dll message, just click on "run once" and it will run just fine.
    One of the advantages to ignoring installation instructions or looking beyond the surface. I only have P3D_v3.1 and so I let it install to 2.5, lol. It made it's own folder and installed. I just moved the main scenery folder to my main scenery folder where I keep all sceneries, added it to the library and voila' no errors. Since I didn't look beyond the main folder I had no idea there was a module installer. . .it wasn't run, hence no messages.

Many Great Nearby From-To Options

Hey guys,

I love this little place, and rarely fly outside of the west coast Orbx regions (though you're very well represented over there, Bill. Thanks!). But I have been tempted eastward in the past by some of Ed's (Falcon409) really high quality Maine sceneries:

35ME Matinicus Island
    57B Islesboro ME
    MES2 Marshall Island ME
    . . . there may be others?

All of these make great little short hop trips to or from Heron's Nest.

If you'd like a little longer trip, you can depart from Ed's KBID Block Island RI. Or, if you'd like to approach from terra firma, you could start from Michael Carr's 02ME Old Acton.

Thank you ALL for these beautiful places to visit and enjoy virtually!

Regards,
    Michael

Stearman Livery?

TuFun,

I"ve coveted that orange-ish repaint of the Stearman that shows in your post above, since seeing it many years ago. Did you ever make it available to the public? I'd love to fly that one.

Thanks,
    Michael

Just coz it fits in the hangar . . .

. . . but yes, using the full width (and narrowly avoiding rocks) managed a safe-enough landing.
    Great fun!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails U206G_Herons6.jpg   U206G_Herons1.jpg   U206G_Herons5.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    One of the advantages to ignoring installation instructions or looking beyond the surface. I only have P3D_v3.1 and so I let it install to 2.5, lol. It made it's own folder and installed. I just moved the main scenery folder to my main scenery folder where I keep all sceneries, added it to the library and voila' no errors. Since I didn't look beyond the main folder I had no idea there was a module installer. . .it wasn't run, hence no messages.
    That's how I installed mine too. Did you perhaps run your P3D v2 first? I didn't do that. I just copied the folder and ran P3D v3
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    That's how I installed mine too. Did you perhaps run your P3D v2 first? I didn't do that. I just copied the folder and ran P3D v3
    I only have two sims installed P3D_V3.1 and FSX. When the installer couldn't find P3D_V2 I thought it would quit, but it gave me the option to install anyway. . .to a folder it made up for P3D_v2. So I ran the installer then just moved the Heron's Nest scenery folder to my folder I keep on a separate drive for all my scenery. Since I didn't look beyond being sure it has a "scenery" and "texture" folder, I never saw the module installer sitting inside the scenery folder, lol.

This one won't fit in the hangar, but it lands ok.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beaver_Herons1.jpg   Beaver_Herons8.jpg   Beaver_Herons12.jpg  

I like Aeroncas, myself, both CR1 and LIC, but why have I started getting only thumbnails instead of full pictures?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-1-31_14-7-17-54.jpg   2016-1-31_13-59-24-521.jpg   2016-1-31_13-53-23-654.jpg   2016-1-31_13-35-46-914.jpg  
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Maine Civil Air Patrol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-1-31_8-54-9-500.jpg  

I only have preparv3.1. I installed pretty much the same as Ed.( I have all of Ed's Maine scenery). I manually installed it, did not use the .exe file. Everything works great except, no bushes. The only option that does not work is being able to take off from the water. The only float plane that works is the Icon5.

Dick

More great shots! And vids!

For the P3D 3.1 users, the next time the pop-up appears, click "Check Online" instead of "Run Once". The developer says he's updated the online validator to include P3D3 now.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by sidler View Post
    I only have preparv3.1. I installed pretty much the same as Ed.( I have all of Ed's Maine scenery). I manually installed it, did not use the .exe file. Everything works great except, no bushes. The only option that does not work is being able to take off from the water. The only float plane that works is the Icon5.

Dick
    While I appreciate that people like to have control over their setups, bear in mind that the auto-installer does more than just put some scenery in a folder and register it in the scenery.cfg. It also installs the module that controls the vegetation and at least one model in the scenery. Unless you run the exe, there's more manual work to do to get it right, and more support requests if you have trouble. The installer has been thoroughly tested on a number of platforms, and should give you no problems. I strongly recommend people use it.

Bill

Thanks for the tip Bill...it worked beautifully

Dick

To be clear, this is the installer that's tucked away in the scenery folder inside Heron's Nest in the MyProduct folder?

For the P3D 3.1 users, the next time the pop-up appears, click "Check Online" instead of "Run Once". The developer says he's updated the online validator to include P3D3 now.

Bill
    Great, Thanks Bill. Also, I haven't chimed in yet, but I extend my thanks for this beautiful scenery.

Bill

Thanks Bill! I got the email with the link and have downloaded my copy but not installed yet as I was waiting for the module to be updated for v3.1.

As someone who loves flying islands, bush aircraft and seaplanes, this is definitely my kind of place!

Great work. I'll be spending a lot of time there for sure.

I have narrowed my mesh problem down to the LCS mesh, unfortunately.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    To be clear, this is the installer that's tucked away in the scenery folder inside Heron's Nest in the MyProduct folder?
    No, the installer I was referring to is the main exe that you downloaded - IBYHN100.exe. Running that will install the scenery and put things where they need to be, including activating the viva.dll.

For FSX-SE it installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\MyProduct, so I dragged the Heron's Nest folder to my Steam's Addon Scenery folder. P3d would have sent it to the right place, and I now find that if I'd selected FSX and not Steam it would have sent it to E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FSX, where it ought to be.

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    For FSX-SE it installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\MyProduct, so I dragged the Heron's Nest folder to my Steam's Addon Scenery folder. P3d would have sent it to the right place, and I now find that if I'd selected FSX and not Steam it would have sent it to E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FSX, where it ought to be.
    Yep, that's the installer nightmare devs are dealing with right now. There are so many permutations of sim installation, and rather than having a set path, it seems that the Steam Edition changes based on whether you have FSX installed already or not. It's a bit of a pain to make an installer that works for absolutely everyone. Doesn't mean I'm going to stop trying, though! :-)

Video of my hairy takeoff & landing with the MU-2B-60!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Aby0zVh0I

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 0