Heron's Nest is out
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heron's Nest is out

Heron's Nest is out

The iBlue Yonder Heron's Nest Scenery is out. It looks stunning, but a bit forbiddingly cold right now! lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Sea Plane Base on the island is really cool.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#1 Aircraft right now and love those island hideaway scenery's - but you assume we all know where you are? Is it less frosty in the summer months?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

It's off the coast of Maine which yes, during the warm months, this scenery will be quite fun and challenging to fly in and out of. I'm not sure if you can download this direct from iBlue Yonder (if you did not sign up for it in advance as I did last year) but if you have not signed up, give it a shot here: http://iblueyonder.com/your-own-private-island-free/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I signed up and just received an e-mail with a link to download
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Can someone give me a dead reckoning heading and airport to start off from? I assume this is a fictional airport so I'm not even sure where to start from
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Type in Herons Nest in the airport search field, the results should show both the airfield and sea plane base. Not too sure what the closest land airfield is.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Don't have a dead reckoning, but...
    LAT/LON: N43° 46’ 27.55” W69° 35’ 13.72” will get you to the island.

Bill Womack's early vegetation was what originally got me interested in scenery design.
    Thank you Mr. Womack for this wonderful little location, your exquisite craftsmanship and your generosity.

Prepar3Dv2.5

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

This should give you several fields to choose from. To zoom in, right click to open and then right click again to get to full size.

This is an amazing place! Got the email too and was very happy about it!

The installer does not install to P3D v3. I tried pointing it and it installed but got an error message when starting the sim about the viva.dll. I ignored it but the sim ctded upon loading the flight at Heron's nest. Any ideas or workarounds?

Scenery worked fine in FSX.

Edit: I see Ed's screenshot is from v3. How did you do this Ed?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    This is an amazing place! Got the email too and was very happy about it!

The installer does not install to P3D v3. I tried pointing it and it installed but got an error message when starting the sim about the viva.dll. I ignored it but the sim ctded upon loading the flight at Heron's nest. Any ideas or workarounds?

Scenery worked fine in FSX.

Edit: I see Ed's screenshot is from v3. How did you do this Ed?
    Just sent it to an alternate file folder and then manually installed.

The two closest airports will be Brunswick NAS (KNHZ) or Wiscasset (KIWI).

AIRPORT INFO
    LAT/LON: N43° 46’ 27.55” W69° 35’ 13.72”
    Land Airstrip
    Name: Heron’s Nest
    ICAO Code: 00ME
    Seaplane Port
    Name: Heron’s Nest Floatbase
    ICAO Code: 10ME

Hmmmm . . . . . I signed up last year, too. The only 'iBlue Yonder' email I got today was a new post on the blog..... no D/L link.

Very nice place, cozy even. I signed up 3 months ago.
    In this context it might be of interest that Alex Goff of OrbX just revealed (during an ADX interview) that his next project would be Bar Harbor KBHB and Acadia NP which is only 66 NM from Heron's Nest. Ofc, Bill's very own Plum Island is only 80+ NM south of this little gem.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Hmmmm . . . . . I signed up last year, too. The only 'iBlue Yonder' email I got today was a new post on the blog..... no D/L link.

Bill told me he was planning on another send today - 26 Jan 16.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Just sent it to an alternate file folder and then manually installed.
    Thanks Ed, I'll try that.

The closest airport is located in my hometown, Wiscasset, Maine. (KIWI)

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    I still have not received my email with the link
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

I signed up this afternoon, got an immediate download email. The download was not an "application" file. So I added ".exe" to the name and it changed to an executable file. Clickin' it loads the scenery fine. It's a short flight for me flying out of NAS Brunswick (Currently the field is the Brunswick Executive Airport, but to me it will always be NAS Brunswick).
    This is a very nice little scenery, payware quality for sure. It's kind of forbidding this time of year, especially with bad weather loaded.
    Thanks Bill Womack and crew for a great gift.

John (former NAS Brunswick sailor)
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Am so glad someone posted about this. I had signed up when it was initially announced. The email from iBlue did reach me yesterday, but had inadvertently deleted it, thinking it was from "Skyblue" radio (which I don't listen to anymore, but is a cool online station to listen to while simming!). Fortunately the email was still in my Trash folder, and I had not permanently deleted it. Will download this evening. NC
    Last edited by Navy Chief; January 28th, 2016 at 15:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Am so glad someone posted about this. I had signed up when it was initially announced. The email from iBlue did reach me yesterday, but had inadvertently deleted it, thinking it was from "Skyblue" radio (which I don't listen to anymore, but is a cool online station to listen to while simming!). Fortunately the email was sill in my Trash folder, and I had not permanently deleted it. Will download this evening. NC
    Same happened to me as well Chief, then it dawned on me what the email was (I had nearly forgotten about this scenery). Glad everyone is enjoying it. I can say that the runway elevation is rather hard on nose gear. I wrecked my MU-2B-60 not once but twice after touchdown (followed by a few 4 letter expletives). Perhaps I'm setting my skill and aircraft limitations expectation a tad high??? lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm so happy you guys are enjoying it! The screenshots are fantastic, by the way.

If anyone believe they're on my mailing list but didn't get the link to download, do two things for me please:

1. Check your trash and spam folders in your email. At least one subscriber who thought he didn't get it found it misfiled in spam.
    2. If you can't find it anywhere, send me an email at iblueyonder@gmail.com and I'll check to make sure you're on the list and send it to you manually if so.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by vora View Post
    Very nice place, cozy even. I signed up 3 months ago.
    In this context it might be of interest that Alex Goff of OrbX just revealed (during an ADX interview) that his next project would be Bar Harbor KBHB and Acadia NP which is only 66 NM from Heron's Nest. Ofc, Bill's very own Plum Island is only 80+ NM south of this little gem.
    Alex and I talked about his plans a few months ago. His Bar Harbor will be amazing, I'm sure. It's nice to see New England getting more love.

Y I B, setting next to "Russian Women seeking American boyfriends", was the Heron's Nest download. But apparently Mr. Mustaffa has $1,000,000 in my name at the Bank of Nigeria. All he wanted was my account number. My lucky day.

- d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Members who have read this thread: 0