Heron's Nest is out - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Heron's Nest is out

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    I have narrowed my mesh problem down to the LCS mesh, unfortunately.
    In my defense, it's an addon mesh issue, as the product lines I've purchased in the past show the same issue. Which makes me wonder...

Don't people use addon mesh? Because if they did, more than Morten would have seen this.

There's a fairly simple fix available and I'll ask Bill if wants a copy for distribution.

BTW, nice place to land, even if I only used 1/3 of the runway...

I'm having the exact same issue with FSGenesis' best mesh.
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

I only use 1/8 of the runway

Dick

For the folks that have P3Dv3.1, the dll fix is available. Start the sim and when you get the dll message click check on line and it will update the dll and you won't get the dll message the next time you start

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dexthom View Post
    For the folks that have P3Dv3.1, the dll fix is available. Start the sim and when you get the dll message click check on line and it will update the dll and you won't get the dll message the next time you start
    I ran the update, selected run once and the "Nest" booted right up with all .dll controlled features working. Re-booted the sim and no warning message. Looks good to go here.

Thanks Bill, for the rapid response.

She's a beauty in 3.1
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by spotlope View Post
    More great shots! And vids!

For the P3D 3.1 users, the next time the pop-up appears, click "Check Online" instead of "Run Once". The developer says he's updated the online validator to include P3D3 now.

Bill
    It worked! Thanks Bill
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Thanks Bill, works like a charm!

P3Dv3.1 video...

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

For anyone who was holding out for official support, I just emailed out a new version of The Heron's Nest that fully supports P3Dv3.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Thanks Bill. Downloaded and installing after my forum fix.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I have upgraded up to P3D V3.2 and now getting this message and am wondering it is to do with Heron's Nest.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P3D Error 2.jpg  

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    I have upgraded up to P3D V3.2 and now getting this message and am wondering it is to do with Heron's Nest.

The Viva .dll will need to be signed to the new 3.2 version Pat. Anything like Bill's package, ORBX or Instant Scenery that require a .dll need to be updated by the author. Your "nest" will still work, but the seasonal variations will not function until it's updated.

This is one of the drawbacks of scenery that requires an .xml to run various bits. I just updated too...now waiting for IS.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

I thought it may have been the case Gordon. I was also getting the ObjectFlow.dll message as well. The ORBX dll updated but still got the message for this one so I thought it was the Heron's Nest. Thanks for clearing it up.

Cheers
    Pat

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    I thought it may have been the case Gordon. I was also getting the ObjectFlow.dll message as well. The ORBX dll updated but still got the message for this one so I thought it was the Heron's Nest. Thanks for clearing it up.
    No worries Pat, it seems like these things get updated pretty quickly, now that the devs have had lots of practice.
    Thomas Jefferson

Any idea if Bill is working on the 3.2 fix, or did I miss that it's already been resolved?

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Still getting viva message. Have not received any emails even though I registered. Cannot sign in on the site?

brilliant worth btw.

bob

Here's the link that was published last week..

http://iblueyonder.com/viva/

Quote Originally Posted by dexthom View Post
    Here's the link that was published last week..

http://iblueyonder.com/viva/
    Thanks, fixed!!

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Many thanks and a thousand thanks for your gift to us.

Bob

Thank you much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    Still getting viva message. Have not received any emails even though I registered. Cannot sign in on the site?

brilliant worth btw.

bob
    PM me with your email and I'll check my list program, Bob. Usually when you don't get any emails, it's because they're being hung up in a spam filter somewhere. The problem is especially bad with yahoo.com addresses, for some reason, but it happens with others occasionally.

What nice surprise to come across this one! Very attractive and challenging! Time for some exploring! Was not aware that I had to change the mesh to 5m at first........

Cees

An update of vivaP3D.dll has been issued, compatible with P3D 3.3, and can be downloaded from http://iblueyonder.com/viva/

It also works fine with the latest hotfix 3.3.5.

Members who have read this thread: 0