I Wonder If P3D Will Get Lonely

Thread: I Wonder If P3D Will Get Lonely

I Wonder If P3D Will Get Lonely

Finally took the bull by the horns and removed all trace of FSX from PC. There sits P3D all allone;-)
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    Finally took the bull by the horns and removed all trace of FSX from PC. There sits P3D all allone;-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=UiKcd7yPLdU
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Did exactly the same 3 months ago...no tears...

Much as I wanted to do the same, I can't enjoy flying miltons lodestar in p3d, whereas the Fsx port is very nice.

So I will stay in Fsx for the forseeable. Unless by a miracle the lodestar goes native!

Also waiting for v3.? to be declared a stable platform as 2.5 turned out to be before I spend my cash. Call me a cheapskate.

Roommates

For me FSX/P3D kind of live together, I'll keep both copies for now FSX for tooling around and P3D for serious "What if situations?"

Respectfully:

David..
    "Remember, all you have to do is ask."

I, for one, reinstalled FSX Steam .... Yes, I needed to transfer the Beaver, the Goose, the glider and I don't remember what other default plane that was missing from my P3D hangar.
    Then I deleted FSX Steam again

Quote Originally Posted by bpfowler View Post
    Much as I wanted to do the same, I can't enjoy flying miltons lodestar in p3d, whereas the Fsx port is very nice.

So I will stay in Fsx for the forseeable. Unless by a miracle the lodestar goes native!

Also waiting for v3.? to be declared a stable platform as 2.5 turned out to be before I spend my cash. Call me a cheapskate.
    Hi
    Installed Lodestar on a temp folder, then copy/paste to P3d v3.1, working perfectly...
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by bpfowler View Post

I have no problems at with Miltons Lodestar in P3D. As stated above, just install it to a temp folder, then move in to P3D

I had FSX & P3D side by side for a while, just learning how to move stuff and finding out what works and what doesn't. In the end I got fed up having both. Looking good so far;-) I now have 'most' things installed that i had in FSX too.
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970

Is that you giving your age away;-)

Blog Entries
    Is that you giving your age away;-)
    LOL...ya think???
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

I think maintaining two flightsim is easier said than done. I still have FSX installed but to be honest haven't done a complete flight from it since P3Dv1. It is now a fully default FSX that I use only for reference purposes. In fact, I have every MSFS from version 1 through Flight installed (using emulators). Again just for giggles if I want to see how far we have advance in this hobby. Quite amazing really.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
    I think maintaining two flightsim is easier said than done. I still have FSX installed but to be honest haven't done a complete flight from it since P3Dv1. It is now a fully default FSX that I use only for reference purposes. In fact, I have every MSFS from version 1 through Flight installed (using emulators). Again just for giggles if I want to see how far we have advance in this hobby. Quite amazing really.
    And i've just discovered an issue thats caught me out with not having an FSX installation. You'll understand this one Clutch.... ADE-X wont work correctly without the correct SDK installed;-)

Time for a rethink.......

Blog Entries
    And i've just discovered an issue thats caught me out with not having an FSX installation. You'll understand this one Clutch.... ADE-X wont work correctly without the correct SDK installed;-)

Time for a rethink.......
    Hang on before you jump the shark Dougal....

You can keep your FSX SDK, even if you don't run the sim. I worked that way for quite a while while P3D came up to speed.
    I migrated over to P3D SDK back at V2.0 and have also pointed all of my peripherals to the P3D SDK(s), now in 3.1.

ADE should work in the P3D SDK, but you may need to point the program to some different folders.
    Same for Gmax, 3D Studio and all of the other peripherals.

When you first take the plunge to P3D, there's a lot to re-task, but things will work virtually the same as with the FSX SDK. Also, work should be interchangeable for the most part.

Estonia Migrator Tool shouldn't be giving you any grief, but if it is maybe I can get you into synch.

I'll be glad to help if you need some pointers. Give me a PM.
    Last edited by gman5250; January 7th, 2016 at 12:55.
    Thomas Jefferson

reflections and clickspots in lodestar mdl?

Hi All,
    I have the plane working since I installed it, but I cant see reflections on the metal finish of the lodestar in p3d v2.5 which I can see perfectly in fsx.
    Nor can I use clickspots in the VC as I can in fsx.

Can you see reflections in the lodestar metal and use clickspots?

I heard in this forum that this was a p3d issue, any information would be appreciated.

You may have at some point in the past traded out your global environment texture and chrome texture in fsx for one that is more distinct. The default ones are very dull. If you have v3.1 installed and have the dynamic reflections enabled, then your reflctuons will be as dull or bright ad the actual scenery around you and the level of detail which you have it set to in the lighting options.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-jJpgxzL3M

depending on your viewpoint.

b/r

nio

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nio View Post

depending on your viewpoint.
    Looks like Mr. Bennett still got it....

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Looks like Mr. Bennett still got it....

Good one gman, my kind of music!

Excellent gman.

best

nio

Yeah, Tony still has it !
    Sue

alot of people dislike lady gaga..but i saw an interview with her,she was not in caricature and she really is cute,sweet,and....smart.....i dont care for her music or the dumb stunts like the meat dress...but she has a great voice as that great video proves....another oddball with a sweet fantastic voice is Milly Cyrus....does really stupid stuff..but sings great

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    alot of people dislike lady gaga..but i saw an interview with her,she was not in caricature and she really is cute,sweet,and....smart.....i dont care for her music or the dumb stunts like the meat dress...but she has a great voice as that great video proves....another oddball with a sweet fantastic voice is Milly Cyrus....does really stupid stuff..but sings great
    Not sure how we went astray quite so far here, but Tony also did some great stuff with KD Lang

Members who have read this thread: 0