Carenado C90 GTx Mini Review w pics

Thread: Carenado C90 GTx Mini Review w pics

Carenado C90 GTx Mini Review w pics

P3D 3.0 / OPUS FSI / REX4 / FT KBOS / FSDT KJFK

It obviously looks freekin gorgeous as per usual. I did a quick flight using the navigraph built in data (I believe it's late 2013 data). KBOS SSOXS3 SSOXS BUZRD SEY PARCH1 KJFK at FL200. In cruise I did about 260 KTAS with prop at 1700 and power just below 1st redline (haven't looked at the charts for power settings yet - and this test was done with fuel at 40% each tank and 1 190 lb pax). Real Wx with OPUS FSI - yay for 56 KT headwinds!

Cold and dark was pretty easy, but this is only the fourth king air I've used in FSX/P3D history hehe. The generators seem simply modeled. If I recall, in the real plane once engine startup you'd hold the left gen up to reset it, then it would toggle to ON to charge the battery but I might have that backwards. In Carenado plane you just turn them on or off. Sounds are fine, swept prop blades look cool, avionics the typical semi functional ProLine 21 with Collins FMS3000. I was able to enter the flightplan into the FMS someone easily. It appeared easier to enter than the Hawker jet which is a mess. So FPL entering appears to have been improved. Didn't do anything with VNAV though. There is no PROG page in the FMS3000 (I swear the real one has one by maybe not - EDIT actually I checked my real pics and there is not a PROG page) - so there's no realtime update on the FMS of flightplan legs. The only data you see is in front of you on the PFD/MFD.

The Autopilot is similar to the Hawker (not a good thing). FLC is busted again. (You know, they had a WORKING IAS mode in the PC12 so I don't understand why its so difficult to make a FLC mode that works!). When in a climb, I should be able to press FLC, and the aircraft should bug my current speed and climb out at it until reaching the altitude on the MCP (sorry can't recall the lingo for the control area)... and I believe ALTS should be on the PFD in white letters. The other lateral modes appear fine. But the VS mode won't activate ALTS. In other words in VS mode the aircraft will climb right through the altitude preselected GRR!. So the only way to get it to climb and not blow through sel alt is to press ALT button, then change the ALT again (because pressing ALT bugs your current altitude - highly annoying), then use the pitch wheel to initiate a climb. Plane WILL level off this time at selected alt.

I've got to play with the PL21 controls more (honestly the more and more I use the PL21 the more I don't like it lol... at least the controls seem difficult to get the bearing needles up - should be easy). I must have to **** moar!

I haven't done much with flight modelling but I'm guessing Bernt Stolle was involved and I'm willing to bet it is well done. Honestly he does really nice work especially when it comes to attaining certain FF values and TRQ/RPM power settings. I also did not hand fly much yet.

Night lighting is neat. Not as cool as Milviz multi lighting setup but still pretty schweet.

If you have their old "steam" C90 there's 10 bucks off the price of 39.95 USD - which I think is pretty fair for once.

The last pic in this set is a real king air my buddy flies - it's a C90 GTi though. We were on the ramp here in DLH (note the KDLH airport diagram up - the Carenado version doesn't do this hehe)

Ambient lighting provided by the ramp lighting
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Blog Entries
    Looks like Carenado scored a winner on that one! NICE REVIEW!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

i have the c90 i dont see any where it says discount of any kind
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

How are the fps compared to the Duke or Aerosoft Airbus?

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    I also have earlier C90, i purchased that from FSPilotshop last year. I think we have to contact to Carenado, if we want to use that 10$ discount from new version of Beech.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post

Quote from the description page:
    "Customers who already bought the previously released C90B by Carenado will have a $10 discount when buying this one."

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Port...uct&correl=166

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Nice review, one model I might get while I wait on the 350i rehash. I can only assume the GTX was has some electrical upgrades, but I would have to check. In the 200, the GEN is switched on to charge the battery, then off to start the 2nd engine. Prior to introducing fuel, the GEN is reset/on.

On our FMS-3000, we do have a PROG function key, but this is a non-PL21 B200, so no MFD controls. In this case, the PROG should be found under the IDX page.

That's sad about the FLC, as we use is or IAS hold for the climb schedule. Oh and it's the FGP (Flight Guidance Panel) for the PL21 set up. Agree, ALTS should be in white prior to capiture, and is the VNAV mode is not use, VS is the vertical mode to use, that's bug for sure. I disagree about the PL, having jumped around on analog and EFIS, I prefer the PL after I get used to the pretty colors again.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Thanks Victory. I found the IDX page but it appears INOP.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Cool, tested it today on our dual FMS3000 set up, even with the PROG hot key, I was able to open IDX-PROG as well. We typically fly with LEGS on one, PROG on the other. I wish this was an upgrade to the 200, but thinking I'll get this little King Air, love my turboprops.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Blog Entries
    Will textures from the first C90 release fit the new C90GTX or is it a complete remap that won't be paintable?

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Members who have read this thread: 0