Colin's Bday Blowout! 50% off!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colin's Bday Blowout! 50% off!

Colin's Bday Blowout! 50% off!

Hi,

We are glad to announce that there is a 50% off sale for ONE day only starting at midnight (EST) today and ending in 24 hours.

The only products not on sale are the F-4S/J and the T-38A ADV.

www.milviz.com

Thank you.

Kat.

Well let me be the first (here) to congratulate Colin!
    Two questions. why is the advanced Talon unavailable (to purchase in general, I know it's not part of the birthday blowout sale)
    and second is there a upgrade policy for owners of the standard version of the Talon to the advanced version.
    Anneke

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    Well let me be the first (here) to congratulate Colin!
    Two questions. why is the advanced Talon unavailable (to purchase in general, I know it's not part of the birthday blowout sale)
    and second is there a upgrade policy for owners of the standard version of the Talon to the advanced version.
    It's mentioned on Milviz homepage: the products that are not included in this sale are not available during the sale period. Means they'll be back tomorrow.

Hi Daube, Yes I understand now. I guess they want to cut off the route of buying a cheap Talon and upgrade it to the advanced? Or is that me thinking in plots
    Anneke

Hi,

All original customers of the T-38A were (or should have been) offered the T-38A ADV at a discount. That discount was only supposed to last two weeks. As far as we know, that was done by all vendors who have the product.

You cannot buy the old T-38A and expect an upgrade to the new one at a discount. That will not happen and it is not a conspiracy.

The reason for removing the T-38A ADV and the F-4S/J is because those are new products and we are not yet ready to have them on sale.

Thank you.

Kat.

Even though P3Dv3 isn't officially supported by Milviz, can anybody tell me if the Milviz 737 works correctly in P3Dv3.1 ?

Thanks Kat. Than I'll just have to wait because 60 bucks it a bit too expensive for me right now...
    Anneke

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Even though P3Dv3 isn't officially supported by Milviz, can anybody tell me if the Milviz 737 works correctly in P3Dv3.1 ?
    The MV 737 works very well for me in V3.1. I get some rare flight plan load warnings, but I am in the habit of programing the FMC from "cold and dark" rather than loading an existing FP. I haven't found any systems errors or display issues.

The variable cockpit lighting is one feature I really appreciate and displays nicely even with Dynamic Reflections option enabled.

This is my go to "tube" for shorter hops and one of my overall favorites.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Happy B'day Colin

I will have to wait in the Phantom to go on sale as well (however long that takes). Just can't afford it! NC

Happy B'day from my side too!

(and many good addons in 2016 also !)
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks a lot for the feedback, Gman !

EDIT: Ah, it seems that payments on Milviz are only made via Paypal.
    I don't have a Paypal account and I don't want to create one. Too bad, no sale for me :/

Blog Entries
    RE: Paypal

I was intending to purchase the Beech Baron, but I absolutely refuse to do business through Pay Pal, following an incident where they frauded my account a number of months ago, refuse to correct the issue and ignore my repeated demands for service.

If this is the only payment system Milviz utilizes, I completely understand, however it would be convenient for those of us who do not use Pay Pal to have an alternative option. Just a thought.

Thanks anyway for the half price offer...that really is a screamin' deal.

Happy Bday and many more.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post

EDIT: Ah, it seems that payments on Milviz are only made via Paypal.
    I don't have a Paypal account and I don't want to create one. Too bad, no sale for me :/
    Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    RE: Paypal...If this is the only payment system Milviz utilizes, I completely understand, however it would be convenient for those of us who do not use Pay Pal to have an alternative option. Just a thought.

Thanks anyway for the half price offer...that really is a screamin' deal.

Happy Bday and many more.
    Guys, although the initial check out link takes you to Pay Pal you don't have to use PP. You can use a credit card independent of a PP account. I've done it several times and will do it again today.

Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

I utilize Paypal on my site abd you are given the option of paying with a credit card. At the end, after the transaction, Paypal will ask if you want to setup an account and you can click No and get sent back to the originating site.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Guys, although the initial check out link takes you to Pay Pal you don't have to use PP. You can use a credit card independent of a PP account. I've done it several times and will do it again today.

Thanks for the pointer, but PP blocks the CC transaction as well, even if I don't use the actual PP account option. I'm sure it will work if there is not a active dispute with PP.
    Last edited by gman5250; January 4th, 2016 at 08:15.
    Thomas Jefferson

SOH-CM-2023
    Happy Birthday, Colin:

I took advantage of his birthday sale and bought the P-38L. Although I have FSX Accel, the software runs on a Windows XP Pro system. I realize that the mimimum specification for the P-38L is Windows Vista but I am wondering if it will (at least) run on XP.

The reason I ask is I am considering another purchase(s) if they will at least RUN. Anybody have any experience here with
    Milviz on FSX Accel with Windows XP ??

Thank You and Happy New Year.

Happy Birthday, Colin and thanks for the discount, got the Stuka at last.

Wim

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post

Unfortunately, this depends on which country you do your payment.
    Here in France, Paypal won't allow me to pay anything without creating an account. It WAS possible in the past, like three years ago or less, but now it's no more possible. I can either login, or create an account.
    I believe some other countries have implemented this restriction too.

Happy Birthday Colin
    Got the Baron 55 and the Cessna 310R. Thanks for the discounts.

Beech B55 E55

I just installed the Baron B55. I noticed that there is another folder Beech E55. Is that the intended result?

Two different Models but, look like they have same textures names.
    Why the B55 and E55 have same texture names?
    Last edited by gray eagle; January 4th, 2016 at 14:47.

E55 has a few more horses. I found their Baron almost unflyable due to the severe down pitch necessary for level flight. No one else seem to have this issue.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Blog Entries
    Happy Birthday Colin...hope it is the best yet. Couldn't do anything this time...overspent at Christmas!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

. . actually, one other guy had exactly the same issue and left a comment at one of the payware sites, but Milviz could not replicate the problem it seems. I had exactly the same problem buying the Carenado PC-12. Solution was to stop using one of the Saitek X-52 rotation wheels and to adjust pitch trim on the stick using one of the hats. Been meaning to dust off the B55/E55 to see if that flies right now . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    E55 has a few more horses. I found their Baron almost unflyable due to the severe down pitch necessary for level flight. No one else seem to have this issue.
    Did not know the diff between the B55 and the E55. So having the same identical textures duplicated for the B and E 55 is normal?

Edit:

Gleaned this nugget from Wikipedia

B55
    Introduced in 1964, run through 1982. Four to six-seats. New exterior scheme and interior design. A 120 lb (54 kg) increase in gross weight to 5,100 lb (2,313 kg). Priced at $59,950 (1964), $177,500 (1982).

<dl><dt>E55</dt><dd> Introduced in 1970, run through 1982. Four to six seats. Incorporated new paint scheme and interior design. Improved avionics and panel. Wing-tip lights and rotating beacon made flush; new entrance step. Also added were 172 US Gallon (166 usable) interconnected tanks with one fill cap per wing became an option in 1976. 433 built. Priced at $83,950 in 1970, $219,500 in 1982.

So they should of made different textures for the E55, instead of the same as the B 55 . That would of been a nice touch.

Looking for repaints for both.

</dd></dl>

Members who have read this thread: 0