A Message To All The Freeware & Repaint Guys

Thread: A Message To All The Freeware & Repaint Guys

A Message To All The Freeware & Repaint Guys

I would like to send a VERY special holiday greeting, and wish all the very best, to the wonderful folk who take the time to enhance my flight simming with all the great repaints and freeware addons.

You guys n gals seriously rock, and the flight sim community would be a much poorer place without you, in every sense;-)

Next time you're cussing over a paint or model that won't quite work as you want, please know you and your work is greatly appreciated.

Have a much deserved virtual beer on me

Here's to YOU!!!

If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

And I'll second the sentiment!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

SOH-CM-2023
    Thank you, but what makes you think we cuss a lot?
    Merry Christmas
    Keith

I couldn´t have it said better.....a BIG THANK YOU guys!

You all make my FSX (recent) experience an always renewed great pleasure.

Big thanks to all and Merry Christmas

Gérard

Well said. Being of limited talent myself, I thank my lucky stars for the dedicated repainters who offer up their efforts for free. Without them, I'd be missing 90%+ of the repaints I desire.
    -Mark

Certainly would not be the same hobby without you and your generosity.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Thanks to all the fine folks here at SOH, the painters, the moders, the guys that do screen shots and everyone else who contributes to make this site a real pleasure to visit!!!!

I'll add my heartfelt thanks to the list
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I would also add my thanks to those who invest hundreds of hours to convert FS9 projects to native FSX. The LDR team is doing some awesome work on the Grumman Mallard and Fairchild C-119. This gift of time and talent shines and is a testament to the love of the hobby and community. This on top of one of the most downloaded gifts of all, the Navion B. Thanks to Larry, Dave and Rachael for all your gifts, past, present and future.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Happy Holidays and Thank you for your wonderful addition to this hobby

A Big Thanks and Holiday Sentiments

Great thread! Thanks to all the guys and gals that put their efforts into the repaints, freeware, port overs, etc., etc. that enhance the enjoyment of FSX for me (and apparently many others). (I'm not going to mention names because I don't want to leave out anyone, but you all know who you are. There's also one peculiar person I'd like to jawbone with for awhile.) The examples of these efforts over the past couple months and years are spectacular!

Happy holidays to all. I am grateful for all your contributions.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Members who have read this thread: 0