Team SDB RAF Binbrook 'Lightning Strikes'

Thread: Team SDB RAF Binbrook 'Lightning Strikes'

Team SDB RAF Binbrook 'Lightning Strikes'

Hi Guys,

As at least 1 of you knows, I recently had to do a complete reinstall of everything.

Well, I have my ORBX FTX scenery up and running all tickety boo, and my VFR Airfields in place too; however, ive run up against a few problems with reinstalling Team SDBs RAF Binbrook 'Lightning Strikes' program, which I purchased through the FlightSim Store.
    First time around everything went fine and it's been happily buzzing around in it's own way. But!, since the reinstall, I cannot for the life of me get it to appear in the FSX scenery Library at all, no matter what I try!

Has anyone else experienced any trouble with this one as well, and if so did you come up with a solution?

Cheers for now,

ChipShop

Team SDB scenery is designed to work with the default FSX scenery and mesh.
    Too many other options out there to "mesh" with them all so we design for "default".

But someone else may have a workaround?

Was going to add, have you checked the Team SDB Support Forum to see if anyone else reported something similar.
    Typically it is a hierarchical issue in the Library when things collide but you say you can't even add it in which is weird.
    Unless this is your first scenery in Win7 or later? That works differently and I put together an illustrated how-to that
    follows the installation notes included with all our products.

Team SDB Support Forum

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Was going to add, have you checked the Team SDB Support Forum to see if anyone else reported something similar.
    Typically it is a hierarchical issue in the Library when things collide but you say you can't even add it in which is weird.
    Unless this is your first scenery in Win7 or later? That works differently and I put together an illustrated how-to that
    follows the installation notes included with all our products.

Team SDB Support Forum
    No, that's right; it doesn't even show in the scenery library list! Both 1st and This installs have been on Windows 8.1.

I've also checked the Old FSX files to see where the entries were located when the install worked; all seems to be exactly the same!

ChipShop

Success Guys!,

In a flash of inspiration, I placed the original Binbrook folder in the main FSX directory as opposed to just in the Add on Scenery folder. Hey presto!
    Now have my RAF Binbrook back again! Hoorah!
    ChipShop

Quote Originally Posted by ChipShop View Post
    Success Guys!,

In a flash of inspiration, I placed the original Binbrook folder in the main FSX directory as opposed to just in the Add on Scenery folder. Hey presto!
    Now have my RAF Binbrook back again! Hoorah!
    ChipShop
    Odd but if it works, job done

Atb
    DaveB

Central reservation of the M62 in God's Own County.
    Wierd or what? But if you don't learn something new every day that's a day wasted. I'll make a note in my little book.
    MickeyD

It probably means only that the scenery.cfg entry was incorrectly
    pointing to the root folder instead of the true location of the files.
    Despite how it sometimes seems, FSX is bound by the same logic
    as all other software and does not have a life of its own.

Indeed a weird phenomenon Gentlemen; my system seems to thrive on weird!
    I have this very day learned something; to expect the unexpected AND perseverance does pay out in the end! So, by that token this day wasn't wasted!
    Yes, nc, I'm sure that's what the 'real' problem was; just that I seemed to arrive at a solution via a side entrance somehow!

Suffice to say RAF Binbrook is alive and well!
    ChipShop

Members who have read this thread: 0