Incoming: Miviz 'Advanced Series' - T-38A
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Incoming: Miviz 'Advanced Series' - T-38A

Incoming: Miviz 'Advanced Series' - T-38A

It looks like the MV T-38 is getting a soon-to-be-released upgrade. The external and internal model will apparently remain untouched, but there will be a lot of enchanced functionality and failure modeling. It's hard to see how they could improve the existing model, which is still my favorite Milviz creation...but sign me up!

http://milviz.com/flight/products/T38ADV/index.php

This release is based on our original, legacy version of the T-38A, which is still supported, regularly updated and remains available for purchase.Differences between the versions relate primarily to the external FDE, custom systems replication and failure damage modeling; this version provides a definitively more advanced, in-depth simulation. The two versions share interior and exterior models, as well as custom lighting and sounds.
    -Mark

Where's the Charlie-model?
    I pass gas!

Hi,

Due the extreme complexity of this particular aircraft, we've been waiting till we find a coder who is capable of dealing with it.

We have found that coder but he is dealing with some other issues but will start, with luck, in the new year.

Thank you.

Kat

It's released. I highly recommend watching the YouTube video posted on the product page, as well as reading the available overview / manual that goes into more detail about the custom features.
    Jim Stewart

Looks impressive. I'd flirted with the "base model" T-38 but hadn't gotten around to it. This might be enough to push me over. Premium priced, which I'm sure is deserved, but given that, I'll be looking for some community reaction before I jump in. You've got my attention, though.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

this is one of the best military aircraft out there...little disappointed though that there is no upgrade option for original owners

I received an email from Milviz tonight. $45 off if I bought the original from Milviz. Nothing said about people that got it someplace else. I wouldn't be surprised to see something from the other vendors. The discount has a short fuse, something like three weeks from release.

Glenn

Luckily I have the original model and as already stated got this for $14.99, bargain.

Question

Hi

I have Milviz T-38A, I bought in FlightSim.com from 2013, but I have not received any email with the discount. Does anyone understand that?

Thank you

Regards

Brisafresca

I am in the same boat, I believe it is for those that purchased it from Milz directly.

Hi,

For the next two weeks only, customers who purchased the T-38 directly from us, are recieving the rebate.

We are in discussions with our vendors to see if any rebates are possible for their customers but, at this time, no promises for that. If we do end up giving a rebate, it will not be as significant as that for those who bought directly from us.

Thank you.

Kat.

How does this work? Do you have to redownload the new model (with the new installer) then buy the advanced model or can you just buy the advanced model? Does it overwrite the original or will the original have to be uninstalled first?
    EDIT: I have the original btw.. bought direct from Milviz
    ATB
    DaveB

Dave, the original and the ADV are different plane entries and they can both be installed in the sim, without any of them needing the other to exist in order to function.

Rgr that Dimus.. VMT

ATB
    DaveB

Does the adv version use the dx11 opt lighting?
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Hi,

Yes, it does use the new tech that's in the F-4's, Sabre, and all of our new stuff.

As a side note, so does the update that will be sent out to all clients (everywhere, free of charge).

Thank you.

Kat.

Really worth watching their posted video tutorial on the advanced model. Well done Milviz!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ywHS5whrhw

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something here. Bought/downloaded/installed the ADV and surprisingly.. it opened with engines running. The 'options' mentioned.. are these specifically linked to the sim realism settings slider as I can see no way to turn individual options on or off? Oh.. and yes.. my AV was turned off during the download
    The install options are not particularly clear either. It asks where you want to install to (I thought that would have been obvious) so I put E:\Flight Simulator X\Simobjects\Airplanes and having seen no sign of it in the sim.. it had downloaded to E:\Flight Simulator X\Simobjects\Airplanes\Simobjects\T-38A_ADV_Milviz

ATB
    DaveB

Hi,

While it would be nice to be able to do so, we do not offer support of any kind here, or anywhere else that is not in our support forum for the product in question.

To that end, please go there.

If you do not have an account, you may contact roadburner440@milviz.com with your proof of purchase and he will get you in.

Thank you.

Kat.

Was a pleasure to test this one folks. Throttle adjustments are ultra smooth. Gauges are alive so be vigilant. Temps and limitations now apply. So keep a keen eye out. Had the great opportunity to fly last night with one of our T38 pilots and his father who was a RL Hun driver. T38 is simply fantastic. Flew formation for 1.5 hrs practiced intercepts and joins and was a great time flying at the end with the
    Hun in the lead. Burned up all the sky around Luke AFB.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Has the audible "loop" in the sound set been removed in the advanced update? I always get a repeating pulse sound in the standard version, especially annoying in external views.

- d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Was a pleasure to test this one folks.
    Wish I could say the same about owning it Rarely do I crash on purpose but I've just buried this into the sea in frustration!
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Has the audible "loop" in the sound set been removed in the advanced update? I always get a repeating pulse sound in the standard version, especially annoying in external views.

- d
    As far as I can tell.. no. Sound folders are slightly different in size and the loop sound may be slightly different but there's one there for sure and no less intrusive.
    ATB
    DaveB

OK, so so far, a lot of very positive reaction, but also a couple of reservations about installation and sound (and maybe also discounts, but as a new buyer, I don't have a role in that discussion).

I hate to ask this kind of question - it must be annoying to the developers - but again, given the premium price (to repeat - likely deserved), I'm being a little cautious. So... was wondering how it compares to the Lotus Simulations L-39 and the Milviz F-86. The Lotussim Albatross is the payware jet trainer I've enjoyed most, and the F-86 is another package I've gotten a lot of pleasure out of. I realize the aircraft aren't strictly comparable - but would like to get a handle on what kind of sim experience the new version of the T-38 delivers relative to those others.

I may just break down and buy later today (crunching deadline at the moment), but since I haven't yet reached for my wallet, thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance!
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Hi Alan

The installation problem I sorted. Unless I'm missing something fundamental (and yes.. I've read the manuals too) or I have a faulty download.. this isn't working for me at all. I uninstalled the model and while reinstalling.. the installer offered me one choice.. FSX/FSX Steam. When this page came up for the first time.. as there was only one option available, I presumed the installer would do the rest. On seeing it for the second time, I noticed a small radio button to the left which has to be pressed.. even though I was only given (correctly) one option. This time.. the install went straight to my FSX directory and installed correctly.

Disappointingly.. I think I'll have to register (again.. can't find my original registration) at Milviz to see if it's just me or if there's something wrong with my download. As a consequence.. it's difficult for me to offer a rational comment feeling as I do that I've just thrown a few dollars down the drain!! I've revisited the non-ADV model and that works as it's always done. The ADV is to all intents identical both inside and out.. the differences coming in a new FDE and the failure system I've yet to see. Will report back if I'm able to resolve my current issues.
    ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 0